Solution for people who hate energy bars like me

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kenan2000, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This is definitely going to satisfy both free2play and premium gamers:

Let players play/replay chapters/missions/whatever if they want to play without earning coins/cash,kills/wins,basically let players play without progression.

Is not it so simple yet so satisfying?Game does not take fun away from you but in order to have even more fun you need to wait,you need to have patience.Is not it a great idea?

I know that TA members have been talking about it before,I know that such method existed in Eliminate and it worked really well.I'm sure that it will work with modern games too just like with Eliminate.

2. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Anything beats timers/energy bars. Paying to unlock progress/content sooner seems reasonable to me: a choice of progress by playing vs. by cash. Rather than a choice of progress by WAITING vs. by cash. Waiting: not fun. Playing: fun!

P.S. I miss Eliminate!

P.P.S. Now I'm hungry for an energy bar. Mmmmmm... chocolate and protein....

3. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    I saw a thread about hating energy bars and thought it was spam. Kenan, you came inche's from being banned and wiped by mistake. :eek:

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    More than once. :p

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I like energy bars. Better than snickers for a quick hunger-fix. :D

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    That's why I keep a box of Grape Nuts at work. ;)

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
  8. Womble

Womble Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I agree completely. I think devs just copy the energy bar system because it's what everyone else does.

Shironekoproject here in Japan is a f2p arpg with no energy bars and is consistently among the top earners. I think people pay money in these games for more gacha pulls not energy refills.

PS

Surely the correct answer is: Bananas