Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Site Feedback and News

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Default Why Was I Banned?

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago, I was banned from this site for being rude and using inappropriate language:

The comment I made is posted below:

Not only was the language clean and not inappropriate at all, the comment was made in jest and a play on the common Pokemon motto when encountering a battle.

Now, this is not meant to be an attack on the mod who banned me. All I would like it an explanation on why they thought my comment was inappropriate, and perhaps if the general community felt if this was fair or not.

The last thing I would want is to be banned again, and I apologise to the mod I offended at the time.

Last edited by KennyK; 03-07-2013 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyK View Post
Hi guys,

A couple of days ago, I was banned from this site for being rude and using inappropriate language:

The comment I made is posted below:

Not only was the language clean and not inappropriate at all, the comment was made in jest and a play on the common Pokemon motto when encountering a battle.

Now, this is not meant to be an attack on the mod who banned me. All I would like it an explanation on why they thought my comment was inappropriate, and perhaps if the general community felt if this was fair or not.

The last thing I would want is to be banned again, and I apologise to the mod I offended at the time.
Well, it's not up to us to decide first of all, as the mods are both judge and jury. I guess the moral to the story is not to be rude and use inappropriate language... Simple as that.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Well, it's not up to us to decide first of all, as the mods are both judge and jury. I guess the moral to the story is not to be rude and use inappropriate language... Simple as that.
I agree. But in this case I don't think I was rude, nor did I use inappropriate language.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quoted directly from the rules:

- Don't sass the moderators.

That was probably it.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Well, it's not up to us to decide first of all, as the mods are both judge and jury.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Well, it's not up to us to decide first of all, as the mods are both judge and jury.
And executioner.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Funny how you 'forgot' to mention that you were encouraging people to tell dirty jokes on TA. Yeah, mods can still see deleted posts. Funny how everyone in jail is innocent, isn't it.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
Funny how you 'forgot' to mention that you were encouraging people to tell dirty jokes on TA. Yeah, mods can still see deleted posts. Funny how everyone in jail is innocent, isn't it.
Ok, I'll give you that, but that was before the title was changed to not have dirty jokes

And besides, there are much worse things going on in other sections of the lounge?

Now, I also noticed all the irrelevant posts about David Bowie were deleted, yet the culprits were not banned. Aren't we being a little hypocritical here?

Last edited by KennyK; 03-07-2013 at 07:52 PM..

Closed Thread