Universal Justice League: Earth's Final Defense (By Netmarble)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by iANiMeX, Aug 1, 2012.

1. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    The lack of voices and flashiness is a turnoff, but I was honestly surprised that the gameplay and RPG portion of this is a lot better than most of the handheld superhero action RPGs of its type that they expected us to pay $40 for. Seriously, try to play Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 on the PSP. Feel that pain.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sigh. I want to play this game... But the mixed reviews is holding me back. I guess this isnt worth not having jailbreak.

3. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    Not buying this just to voice my support against games that pull this no JB crap.

4. asronline

asronline Member

Jul 13, 2010
    This is an incredibly disappointing game. Very repetitive gameplay, no story, and totally not polished.

You can tell the developer's have amateur English through the small screens in the game. When selecting a character you get a pop up like this "Batman !" Are you kidding me?

There are no sounds in the game except the annoying soundtrack and punches. Characters don't have any dialogue and most villains just say "Hahahahahaha!" - is that meant to look evil?

This game just sucks, wish they had picked another developer.

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree, i'm surprised as DC Comics is a huge franchise yet they seemed to have gone for the ultra cheap option and getting a cheap and nasty app created. Granted other companies might charge more but you get what you pay for and this shows.

Big shame, whoever said 'yes use this company, its cheap' from DC Comics needs to get sacked.

6. whereswally

whereswally Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Lvl doesnt advance after 30, if they're going to add more costume i hope they'll add more stages, dun feel like playing the same stages again...but i doubt it though

7. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    To the upset jailbreakers...reading is key, just go to Cydia and search "xcon" and install. Takes 2 seconds and u can now play this game. It bypasses anti jailbreak stuff.

8. Allveen

Allveen Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    SAP Application Support
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    i wonder about the negative reviews.

i played it on JB device (just because the item not available in my country; else i have bought it straight away).

never got any lag, crash or glitch.

finished all stages and lvl with B/A/S.

all heroes are lvl 30.

but i only unlocked 11/30 support cards.

anyone know how to unlock the rest?

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Now 99 cents. How does this run on 3rd gens?

10. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Wow, this looked good because it's the Justice league after all but after reading all these bad reviews I'm wondering if it's even worth a buck. Real shame.

Arguably the best superhero game on iOS has to be Batman Arkham city lockdown.

11. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I don't know if I'd agree with that. Sure, Arkham City Lockdown is a great game, but there's a lot of competiton for that top spot (Spider-Man Total Mayhem, The Dark Knight Rises, and Avengers Initiative as well, a game which shows a lot of promise by featuring free episodic updates featuring different Avengers). Of course, everything is subjective, so if that's your opinion, it's all good too!

12. Ok game, plays like Thor with a more cartoony feel. Was a little disappointed in the graphics on my new ipad. Liked Thor better than this game, but it's worth a buck during this sale.

13. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    do i need to pay extra bucks for flash and green lantern? or i can eventually unlock them if i grind enough?

14. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'd like to know that myself. How long of a grind is it to unlock those super heroes. This game is good for a buck and better than I expected.

15. shawnbuddy

shawnbuddy Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2012
    #115 shawnbuddy, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
    It's friggin ridiculous, honestly. You gain the power points needed to buy them terribly slowly. With a maxed out Wonder Woman I was able to get about 80 a level IIRC. Without not maxed characters I was lucky to get 50. New characters cost 1,500. Costumes all costs thousands, too. So do the hero cards you can buy for buffs, and they also cost a lot of points to upgrade. At least they start you with about 1,000 to play around with, so if you want to buy another character save it for your favorite and don't give in to the temptation to buy a cool new costume or card the way I did.

This is a good game if you don't care so much about the extra stuff, but if you do it's set to almost force you to buy it via IAP.

16. DCforLife

DCforLife New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Is this game comparable to Justice League Heroes? I LOVED that game, even though it was kinda short, lacked bonus/training missions, and--worst of all--FORCED players to play as certain characters for most of the game! :(

I've watched youtube vids of JL: EFD and it looks pretty fun. It seems fairly challenging (I watched players in vids die during easy mode pretty often: no matter how careful they were).

I LOVE games that let you play as Supes/Supergirl and fly around and blast enemies with heat vision, and I love ARPGs that let you level up characters. I also love a lot of beat-'em-ups. I also like the idea of the support cards and I have problem shelling out a few more bucks via IAPs.

I have played both X-men Legends and MUA games, and I even liked both versions of MUA2...including the psp version with the lag and bad loading times!

I heard the music and gameplay are repetitive, but as long as it's fairly challenging, I don't mind the repetition and I'm even willing to turn off all sound to bypass the music tracks (I HOPE it changes between chapters!).

Another issue I heard was that the controls are a bit wonky, but I heard it's relatively easy to adjust to them.

I REALLY want another dc ARPG because they're so few of them. I heard that flying characters might not be able to fly in Young Justice Legacy (comes out in February)! I hope that's not true or has been reconsidered.

It sounds like some ppl have already finished the game. The more opinions, the merrier! Thanks in advance for any additional comments!

17. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Eh, this game's alright. Bought it for a buck, played a couple levels, then deleted. Pretty repetitive, not much to it.

18. DCforLife

DCforLife New Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Cool, thanks for the input! :)

19. t3chnoboy

t3chnoboy Active Member

Aug 7, 2014
    Pls update to ios 8 pls pls i beg you

20. demod1

demod1 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Yeah... Hate buying a game and never being able to play it again. Only on iOS.