Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    They're both good - I think it depends on the game. If you're working toward getting constructs, then PRIME is the clear choice, but if you're going more for heroes and/or Lifebound cards (especially with Unite), then probably go with Aiyana.

2. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Lol gg sladeums. You whooped me so hard that game xD
    How do you make your moves so fast? The moment I end my turn, you're already ready with your move :p

3. WonderingIf

WonderingIf Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Kid herding
    In an alternate reality
    Did the price change on the Expansions in the last day or two? I picked the core Ascension:CotG for $0.99 about a week ago, and I love the game so far. I was thinking of getting the Expansions because I thought I saw that they were all $0.99. I went back today but it says $2.99 and $3.99. Did just remember wrong or were they really $0.99 a few days ago? And if so, how often have they dropped in price? Thanks in advance for any info.

4. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    It means youre screwed, sorry. The sale ended, now you have to wait for the occasional (rare) sales, or buy it as it is. It's worth it btw. I say just buy all of it if you can afford the price -- you'll play this baby a lot anyway.

5. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    lol
    Just comes with being familiar w / all the cards and already planning your next play during your opponent's turn.

But man, you sure got me back for that.
    The last game was horrrrid.
    One of those where nothing came up for me ... you got every single heavy card that dropped. That was excruciating.

6. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    o_O I only played you once, the game where you beat me. xD

7. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Oops. lol
    Hmmm ...

Well somebody beat the crap outta me last night.
    I played 3 matches in a row right before bed and one of em I got slaughtered in.

Keep at it !

8. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hehe, maybe I'll beat you this game ^_^

9. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    The new way to search for online games is not ideal. I'd rather see a flat list of games in an ordered table, at least as a complement to the current system.

10. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Lol, had a funny game with the AI the other day - 2 Rat Kings spawned on the first turn, so all of the cards in the center row (except the Rat Kings) had two Giant Rats on top of them. xP

11. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    lol nice. I've seen two rat kings in the center strip before, but not one after the other (by the time the 2nd one came, the rats from the first were already gone).

12. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    If anyone hasn't already seen the info about Solforge, go check it out! They're on their last week of Kickstarter and 4/5 of the way there. It's being produced by Gary Games along with Richard Garfield (of MTG fame), so it should be really good.

13. Sleepow

Sleepow Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Never played a deck building or trading card game before, but Ascension is really converting me to card games and even board games in general. A great implementation and a great game, cannot wait for the new expansion to make it to the app....

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The game intrigues me but the "collectible" aspect then immediately dampens my excitement.

When I read some of the pledge prizes in their Kickstarter, like if you pledge over $100 you'll get $100 worth of game credit, it dawned on me that this is a game they actually think folk would spend $100+ on packs to stay competitive!

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The freemium aspect of Solforge is why I'm not hyped for it at all.

16. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    i must be missing something, but i can't just start a game to play against a game center friend. is that possible?

17. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Hm, what do you mean? If you go to "create game", you can invite any of your GC friends that also own Ascension.

18. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    i think i figured it out. when i tap the other player icon, it just says 'open' and doesn't list any friends...but in the manual, it says the person must have connected to the online server previously. my cousin has only played a couple offline games, and hasn't connected online yet.

19. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    In case my fellow players note abnormalities in my moves played on Sep 20th, some of the moves are made by my 14.5-month old daughter, even though she loves tracing your moves more.

Yes, I am training her to play Ascension from the very start and hope to beat every single one of you guys some day... :p

20. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    Lol nice. My 5 year old daughter loves helping me play the game (dragging the cards I tell her to move). Hopefully she'll be seasoned by the time she's 7 :)