Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
Not very many sim fans in here I see. I don't care for Nascar and it's left turns. However I do like sim management games. Anyone have some hands on impressions?

I agree... I'm the same. This is why I hope they do a f1 game as I don't have a clue about NASCAR and which drivers are good ect...
I don't follow rally but be interesting for someone to make a rally manager game
Old 10-05-2013, 12:51 AM
iPhone 5s

I just have to post my two bits here. As only a casual NASCAR fan, but a fan of sim games in general I have to write up a little review here. I've played it for a couple hours now and my impressions are quite positive. This game is not for you if you're looking for a racing game along the lines of 2K Drive or Real Racing. As stated before it is more of a racing RPG, with light mini-game integration to supplement the meat of what makes up NASCAR strategy: pitting strategy and car setup. Now to be fair, the car setup is pretty simplistic, basically amounting to trade-offs in upgrade paths, but knowing how to effectively match track types with upgrades for each race is critical to being able to outperform your current status. I actually think the developers have struck a fine balance between a racing sim deep enough to generate hours of fun, but something simple enough to pick up and play a few races and not be bogged down by overly minute details. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it to be honest.. It scratches an itch like Grand Prix Story (albeit you are the sole racer) but with a very polished NASCAR experience and look and feel tacked on top.

The one minor negative is the use of timers for upgrades (though they aren't overly obtrusive so far, and relatively realistic as it might take you a race before you get your order for a new engine, etc.)... and the use of a dual currency that allows for sponsor upgrades, etc. But so far, I don't feel like my money is ill spent at all.. It's quite fun and I can see keeping it on my phone for a very long time.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Game is on sale now for $3 instead of $5, I decided to buy it now I think it's a more reasonable price.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:57 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Tbh I'm craving a racing manager type game. Ideally I'd like it to be F1 as I'm a fan and I dislike nascar and tintops but still. If this is a managerial type game, I might try it simply because theres nothing else out there.
Just found a game called formula legends that seems similar to this but f1 ... Does have simplistic gfx though. I'm about to try it to see if its as fun as this
Old 10-10-2013, 07:58 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCman7 View Post
Game is on sale now for $3 instead of $5, I decided to buy it now I think it's a more reasonable price.
Tell us if you like it after you've tried it.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:43 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Tell us if you like it after you've tried it.
Im liking it so far, I think you definitely need to be a NASCAR fan to enjoy it like I am. The strategy is great and I managed to get a 5th place finish on my second race by conserving fuel and not needing to pit at the end. The cutscenes are cool. I like it a lot, lots of upgrades to manage. Its pretty decent.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:53 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

What's difference between this and nascar manager... Other than one is paid and one is free?
Also heard the free nascar manager has 2014 roster.