Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-29-2014, 06:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirenx View Post
I've played about a third of the stages now. The element-countering system is pretty much thrown away as so many creatures spawn in each lane of so many different elements, it devolves into simply spamming as many units as fast as you can. As I mentioned before, if you don't draw any additional units early on, you can't progress. By the same token, if you draw a lot of units, especially rare ones, the game becomes trivially easy.
I'm also noticing an issue that "four starring" certain stages seems to be pretty much impossible if you've improved your units. You can't "farm" enough enemy units to reach the gold requirement before you clear the stage, because you'll wipe through any enemy units in your lane and destroy the boss.

Unless there's an 'unsummon' option that I'm missing, it almost looks like a way to try and get people to buy the "coin doubler." And even THAT won't work as early as Stage 1-4 - those wizards hardly ever drop coins. I'll probably need to leave it unfinished until I get a home base that can attack.

But yeah, the game really needs at least five different 'lanes' for strategy. With less lanes then elements, the best you can do is try to keep your units out of lanes already holding 2+ of a color dominant to them. There just isn't the time or space to deploy your blue ranged units against red physical ones or stuff like that.