Universal The Blockheads - (by Majic Jungle Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 9, 2013.

1. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #401 CastlePage, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    I was googling for gold pickaxe and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a vic sark post. LOL hi hi vic and roboboto :D:):D

I pack up all my stuff before I go traveling :)

I made a bunch of chests (wish I could dye the chests. like red for food, gold for gems and ores, brown for temp storage etc. :p but they remain a homogeneous wooden brown.)

I put food+ seeds in one chest (call it F)
    ores + gems + leather + fur in one chest (call it A)
    tools and clothes that I'm temporarily not using (call it B)
    a bunch of things that I have 99 (e.g. copper ores, coals etc.) call it C

I have a main chest:
    1st and 2nd rows - all types of workbenches
    3rd row - empty boxes
    4th row - chests A, B, C, F

I didn't stack the chests A, B, C, F in the inventory. I have the main chest on the floor, and then I pick up one chest (say A), open main chest and move A to the 4th row 1st column. i move chest B to 4th row 2nd column and so on. At any time, I only have one chest in the inventory.

This way, say if I'm looking for my food chest, I open main chest, take out 4th row 4th column chest and know that it is food. Saves me time.

99 diamond pick axes, 99 gold pick axes, 99 gold spades ....

Vic not going for a golden palace?

Edit: I set my blockhead meditating while I type this post. And what do I get for my efforts? a sunflower seed ! (I don't see anything else diff in my inventory. no gems, or gold ores).

Edit 2: Right after I made my above complaint abt the sunflower seed, my blockhead explored the next section of the cave and saw my first diamond :D:D:D

2. vicsark

vicsark Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2011
    lol I feel bad for getting you on the BH train now! :D

I've setup my main base around the portal. That's where I keep evthg in storage and where my dudes make all the items with the raw materials.
    I've put benches apart from each other with each one having the chests with the items related next to it.
    ie I got the ore chest and ingots chest next to the furnace, etc...

For the traveler smurf, or the digging smurf, I've made each an "essentials" chest with another set of all the important benches, and a few complex things to produce (carrot on a stick, tin buckets...) and spare lanterns and all.
    So in case they run dry on sthg, they always can do the basic stuff without coming all the way back.

I'd say the game become easy once you have 2 dudes, a nice gem axe (3x or4x) and gold tools.

So the important thing is to find a big cave, explore it, leave the crystals (take only what you really need) and lights everywhere. Go up, upgrade your tool workbench, and buy a gem axe from the portal.
    Then go to the lowest point on the cave an dig vertically down until you find another cave. The lower you go, the best the odds are you'll find gold.
    at this point, use a gem axe to dig the gold so you'll get the multiplier bonus on it.
    And then do some golden pick axes!!! ;)

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Can the object disappearing be a bug? I've never lost anything, but I don't use the chest trick either. Maybe the dev just didn't think about that possibility and when you have all your inventory full of chests which are at the same time full of things, it makes the game go crazy and makes things disappear. Don't forget that we are talking about 28 (inventory spaces) x16 (chest spaces) x3 (maximum blockheads in a game) = 1,344 individual objects (x99 if you consider the maximum of each that you can have). And you have to add all the chests that you can have around the world (which should have been considered too.) Maybe there's a memory leak somewhere in between...

In Junk Jack, if I don't remember bad, when you put a chest in your inventory it just throws out all the items inside.

4. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Yes.

brb blowing blood vessel over game

5. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #405 CastlePage, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Well ya ... I haven't touched PP since the yinchuan event :p

I only have one gal (in my second world). But I had better luck (had a mountain near the portal) with pretty accessible caves that were generous with time crystals and gems. I invested in a gem axe which made a huge difference in time crystals. So I was able to start mining early. I love this mountain. There was sapphires and an emerald floating just as i entered the cave ! I was also very lucky to have found gold very early (compared to my first world), which enabled me to upgrade the furnace to produce steel ingots (my pet peeve in first world and personal goal when I started my 2nd world). i made a bunch of steel axes.

My 3 gold pickaxe generated 14 gold ingots and 4 rubies amongst other things. With a couple of rubies that I was fortunate enough to pick up, I can produce a ruby pick axe (Can't wait to try it on the few gold veins that I left intact for it. :D). The gold ingots was almost sufficient to replace the initial 3 gold pick axe. So I think I should have a steady supply of gold pick axes unless I do something like making gold blocks.

My only problem now is clay for the oil lantern. The second world has a thicker layer of soil (abt 6-7 blocks sometimes). But still, soil and thus clay is limited compared to the depth of stone where the ores and gems are. How does one get a good supply of clay? Does the gold spade generate clay or only seeds?

I miss coins. I wish there's a sell function that I can sell excess things for coins. I'm a hoarder. It irks me to have throw away 99 blocks of stone. To throw away old tools after I've made new ones is .... but I still do because it's really no point keeping the flint machete. I've made my leather jacket, boots and fur jackets and boots so I don't actively kill dropbears unless I think they endanger me. But if I see the leather and fur lying around, I still loot them AND store them away in my chests though I won't ever use them since the clothes don't wear out. And and and .... I confess I've got chests of 99 copper ores, tin ores and iron ores that I don't use anymore. :p :( I want to sell all of these for coins. Maybe I just enjoy seeing my number of coins go up.

6. RoboBoto

RoboBoto Well-Known Member

May 1, 2012
    #406 RoboBoto, Jan 26, 2013
    Hi CastlePage, hmmm, wonder why TA1 is showing a bit weak this event. . .
    Although I see Vic's platoon of sleighs has been unleashed.

7. RoboBoto

May 1, 2012
    I also take an empty chest with me on journeys since I always seem to pick more than I expected, and it slows me down to have to stop and ditch stuff. Keep tripping on Drop Bear fur when I run under the pine trees, flax seeds stick to me like burrs.

8. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #408 CastlePage, Jan 26, 2013
    Here are some interesting pics that I want to show.

My char was near the sea, which got frozen over. I was exploring and it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to walk >> (new land, so in the darkness). So I decided to deposit some earth and see if I could get a donkey to spawn in order to ride it over the ice.

Edit: 3 "so" in two sentences. Lousy writing.
    (original paragraph: So my char was near the sea, which got frozen over. I was exploring and it's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to walk >> (new land, so in the darkness). So I decided to deposit some earth and see if I could get a donkey to spawn so that I can ride it over the ice. )
    Here goes:

Pic1: I made two patches of soil -- one on the surface of the ice and the other in a under-ice cave that I dug. I grew a carrot, a cherry and an apple. Coconuts and corns did not succeed in growing (the corn kept popping out of the soil). I ran out of oranges so didn't try that.

Pic 2: Lo behold ! A donkey and a dodo spawned on the soil patch above ice ! nothing spawned in the garden of my ice cavern though :p

Pic 3: Alas the dodo died as I slept. I roasted it in the ice cavern. Campfire is safe in the ice cavern.

Pic 4: I rode my donkey and we accidentally fell through the opening into the ice cavern. Note that another dodo has spawned.

Pic 5: The second dodo died while I was sleeping. As I ran up to grab its remains, the third dodo spawned. It looks like dodos don't make it through the night in the frozen ice, and only one donkey and one dodo spawn at any one time.

And now ... to get the donkey out of the ice cavern ....

Pic 6: I made some frozen steps so that the donkey could climb out of the cavern and sealed the hole. And look ! a new baby donkey is born ! Isn't it cute? :D:D

Attached Files:

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is the proof that I still have a looooooot to see in this game: spawning donkeys, seas freezing... Wow!

10. Snowbird

Snowbird Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    *waves to TA1 crew* Well at least I'm not the only one with neglected planes...!

Too bad I can't build an air traffic control tower in BH that leads to a direct console to PP. Imagine if both games were accessible within one app. We'd all be doomed.

11. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    ok I explored new caves, and with the diamond pickaxe bonus, I'm at 2000 Crystals now!

I don't like using crystals to speed things up (with 3 dudes, I always have sthg to do somewhere).
    Each of my dudes has a diamond pick axe now (thks to diamonds showing up using the golden pickaxe)
    So what am I supposed to do with my crystals???
    Did I miss sthg because as of now, there doesn't seem like there's any use for them?

And my suspended highway 15 blocks over sea level continues when I'm in the mood.
    Right now, I'm digging a tunnel through a huge mountain :)

12. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    I'm experiencing lags since a few days.
    I'm also invaded by donkeys, they're just everywhere, even in caves. I guess I shouldn't have planted so many carrots lol.
    I think that both problems may be related, as NPC should use memory.
    So I sent one of my dudes on a donkey/dodo killing spree. :D
    Almost 100 down! And I'm destroying the carrot plants in the way.

13. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    Have been very busy with work.

And my blockhead went exploring on a donkey (faster to tilt screen than to walk). They accidentally fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain. I managed to light a lamp, and then dug a tunnel to get my donkey out. Then continued exploring. And fell into a cave whilst climbing a mountain again. This time, i couldn't hang a lantern anywhere. so means I'm permanently stuck?

14. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    Just tap anywhere outside and your dude should find its way back I guess

15. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Wont work if you have to climb through darkness. You can still move in the darkness blindly 1 square at a time. Good luck getting out :p

16. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    #416 vicsark, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    At least Castlepage baby donkey is now famous thks to Brad lol :)
    And update with new content is coming!
    http://toucharcade.com/2013/01/29/new-the-blockheads-update-adds-new-block-type-bug-fix-and-more/

17. RoboBoto

May 1, 2012
    I got stuck in a dark cave, was able to hang a lantern. Tap on the mini icon of your dude, it will center him low on your screen, tappy tap around should be able to find a spot to hang lantern.

18. QuantamPulse

QuantamPulse Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Quick question regarding the IAP .. If I buy the crafting time boost does it apply only to the world I was in when I bought it or does it stay if I start over on a new world as well?

19. vicsark

Aug 22, 2011
    It stays for all your worlds.
    Also if you have other devices sharing the same itunes account, it will work on all.

20. QuantamPulse

QuantamPulse Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Great thanks! Will most likely pick it up then :)