Universal Mad Skills Motocross 2 (Turborilla)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by turborilla_b, Feb 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turborilla_b

turborilla_b Member

Sep 27, 2011

Mad Skills Motocross 2 is coming to the App Store on Thursday. It's a free app, but it's not one of those F2P games that makes you wait for (or buy) playing time, or puts you in impossible situations that you have to pay your way through. There will be a ton of free game to play, with free new tracks introduced every week in our weekly Jam competitions.

The first Mad Skills Motocross iOS game has been installed nearly 5 million times and carries a global App Store rating of 4.5, as per AppAnnie. We think this one is much better.

I'll add some more details before the game launches on Thursday. Hope you'll check it out.

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Trailer looks great!

3. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Totally getting this! I played the crap out of the first one...

4. ivankio

ivankio Member

Feb 14, 2014
    I usually hate and steer away from free-to-play and multiplayer, but this promo was so fun and well executed I had to assume there was spare creativity in the making of the game. Very well done. I'll get this.

5. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Trailer is so funny. :D

6. joewelch4

joewelch4 Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Ivankio, it may be free to play but it is nothing like other free to play games. You never hit a pay wall or are limited in what you can do. You can choose to earn your bikes (7 total), or just buy them. I find it more fun to earn them. Earning the first few can be done in less than an hour or two. The other may take a little time. The other IAPs are for the Jam rounds, or the weekly tournaments. You can play them every week for free, but if you want some added features you can buy premium jam rounds. This gives you the ability to race against any opponent you choose, and watch their replays.

I think you'll find that Turborilla is giving people a TON of game for free. Hopefully people will support them and buy a couple IAPs, after all they have been working incredibly hard on this game for a LONG time now.

It has been fun beta testing it with them, sadly my leaderboard times are about to drop way down in a couple day.

7. turborilla_b

turborilla_b Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Thanks for clarifying this, Joe.

(FWIW, Joe isn't just one of the best beta testers we've ever worked with, but he's also one of the best track designers on our team.)

To Joe's point, this isn't one of those free games where you run out of gas after playing for 10 minutes and then have to either wait to play again or buy more gas. And we don't introduce impossible levels that you can only really beat by purchasing better bikes or whatever.

It's our hope that people will like the game well enough that they want to get even more out of it by buying Premium Jam rounds, but buying some purchasable customization upgrades, etc.

Thanks for the interest, guys.

8. AwfullyNiceStudios

AwfullyNiceStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Kufsten/Austria
    Looks totally like my type of game. Will defenitely check this one out... awesome work.