Hunting for TCG/CCG games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kaywib, Nov 19, 2016.

1. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    #1 kaywib, Nov 19, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Hey

I am on the hunt for TCG/CCG Iphone games. I am new to the genre so I dont know alot about the genre. Googled "Best of Lists" and I got an overall view of whats out there. But most of the game I came across are F2P, Wich rubs me the wrong way because I am no fan of the pay 2 win concept. So my humble question to the TA comunity is: What are the best Paid TCG/CCG games out there. I am willing to put som time, money and love into the game so a high learning curve and a high price is no problem. The F2P modell would be acceptable if the IAP is expansions and not coins/diomonds or if the F2P game is very good balanced. Online multiplayer is preferable but if the game has killer gameplay its welcome. I am looking forward to hearing your suggestions. I have a Ipone 6s Plus if it helps to know.

2. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I think the top ones are Hearthstone and Pathfinder Adventures. Both f2p, but fair, according to people.

3. LordFoul

LordFoul Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 15, 2009
    Software Developer
    New Jersey
    @kaywib
    I just PM'ed you a promo code if you'd like to give Lost Portal CCG a try...

4. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thax. Tried it for a short while. I will definitely give it a longer run. Liked it a lot initially.

5. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thax. I'll check pathfinder out. Heard of it but kept away cause of the f2p.

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    The dev of lost portal has already been in touch with you, and I highly recommend that game as a standalone game you can purchase.

Others you should check out are:
    Spellcraft. It's lane based and quite similar to lost portal which is also lane based.
    Shadow era. I know it's FTP, but give it some credit, it's quite a good solid game, and the sacrifice a card for mana mechanic is different to all, and incites good thought.
    Seconding Pathfinder Adventures in a big way as well.

Dream quest. Not TCG, it's an adventure deck builder, and excuse the terrible graphics. Look past that and you'll find a great card game with a great "campaign" that's addictive and deep.
    Ascension. Another deck builder. It's great and had a big following here on TA
    Star realms. Same as ascension.
    Look in the AppStore for anything by playdek. All their card games are solid, like summoner wars and ascension as mentioned.
    Orions 2 is an old one but a good one. Old lane based type, that was big in its day, and it even has drafting which basically no other game on iOS has except hearthstone I believe.

And you can't forget the granddaddy of them all, it's FTP, but those that have played it have to admit it's solid, and that's Magic Duels.

7. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Spectromancer is a good one that hasn't been mentioned yet. Unsure if has any problems on iOS 10, but it should run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thanks a lot for the comprehensive suggestions. I will definitely check all of them and see which one catches my interest.

9. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thanks for the suggestion. Willl definitely take a closer look at it.

10. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    Definitely do. It's one of the oldest ones. Has a lengthy single player campaign, lots of options. It's certainly a good game with lots of fans here in the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    The best CCG on the market is shadowverse. The people here listing various games and not including it simply are clueless. It's better than hearthstone.

12. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thanks! Downloading now... Hope it is as good as you say :)

13. kaywib

kaywib Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Thank you everybody that have posted suggestions. I will definitely have sevrel card games to try out now.
    This is all the suggested games so far. They appear in the order they were mentioned. Fell free to Suggest more games.

Hearthstone
    Pathfinder Adventures
    Lost Portal
    Spellcraft
    Shadow era
    Dream quest
    Ascension
    Star realms
    summoner wars
    Orions 2
    Magic Duels
    Spectromancer