Match3D Flick Puzzle got an EDITORS CHOICE for iPhone Puzzle Games!!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PlayScreen, Aug 6, 2009.

1. PlayScreen

PlayScreen Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    #1 PlayScreen, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    Linky: http://bit.ly/FLbW1

THANK YOU APPVERSITY!

Congrats to the team, to Sherri, and to the testers.

(Please O Please let Apple feature this game)

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Congrats. You and the team deserve it. It IS a great game, and turned the match 3 genre on it head / side/ rear end.

Oh, I don't mind the name BTW. I'm not sure it is catchy enough to just roll off the tongue, but you are the only Match 3D out there.

3. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    #3 PlayScreen, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
    Well, you know you are onto something good when the top competitor in the genre contacts us to get us to NOT mention them in the game description.

4. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    Gratz guys! Hopefully there are more to come

5. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    They probably just don't want to confuse customers who search for their game and then receive your game in the results. I don't think you were doing this intentionally, but it's a fairly common practice among less scrupulous developers to list thinly veiled "keywords" as "recommendations" for "fans of" [20 of the most popular App Store games regardless of genre].

6. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    We were just saying that if you played X, you might like this game.

Yeah ... I know about the keyword craziness.

Hey, they were nice on the phone.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh hey, it's this game! I saw it earlier while scanning for new games... kinda passed on it since I absolutely hate match 3 games, Bejeweled being the worst (seriously, I was ill with swine flu and I had four nightmares in a row, all to do with playing endless games of Bejeweled).

But! Having read that review I'm inclined to give it a go. Also since the graphics just look so damn pretty. Has anyone got some direct captures from the game so I can see exactly how it looks? All the previews have been shrunk.

8. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    New Video Review: 9.5/10

9. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Here you go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Thanks for the screens, I just tried the free version and strangely enough, it's freakin' awesome. I never thought I could get into a match 3 game due to the simplicity, but this give it just enough depth to raise it about the level of dull mindless clicking. I'm seriously considering the full version now.

If you're listening to feedback on here, the only problem I had was with the orange left and right buttons that change the active plane. They're kinda small and too close to the plane button. Perhaps some kind of horizontal scroll wheel would work (y'know, like on a mouse)? Scroll left and right to switch planes and click it in (tap the middle) to switch between the different plane selections.

11. Indeed, this one is in my review queue (still -- sorry guys, large queue this week) despite mentioning repeatedly in other match 3 reviews that the genre has jumped the shark -- but this one really does bring something new and unique to the table that successfully refreshes it and makes it interesting again.

12. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Guess what is changing in the 1st revision?

Those buttons.

Good stuff ... please o please spread the word. This game and the team deserves a shot at success. We may look like a HUGE company, but in fact we bootstrapped ourselves into business and did not get iFund(ed). And yet, we have 13 apps in the store.

Thank you.

13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Congrats! I'm lovin' the full version! Can't get enough of it! By the way, what was your highest chain? I got like a 17-18 chain! It completed the whole level... o_O

14. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Thank you. Everyone here appreciates it when a reviewer takes the time to look at one of our games.

The designer, Sherri Cuono, is a huge casual game fan and worked with the artists and programmers to turn her vision into reality. The beta testers can attest to the improvements in play and performance over the two months of testing we did on this. They deserve our thanks as well.

15. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    My 12 year old son, playing classic, cleared most of level 1 in one combo. Had to be over 30.

16. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    My son has hit level 18, score of 696,610 in Classic.

17. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
  18. samoreg

samoreg Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Very nice and fun game. I'm currently at level 3 of Survival (untimed). It takes a while to find all the matches. I tried timed survival but yeah not happening for me right now. haha I'll try again later though.

19. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Survival timed may be the most difficult puzzle game evah!

20. PlayScreen

Jan 2, 2009
    Over ONE MILLION!

[​IMG]