Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP & EP Micro ($1.99, $.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Sep 21, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician

Superbrothers: S&S EP Micro

Capybara Games Inc.
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a …
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a mythic little realm, use a sword to do battle & evoke sworcery to solve mystical musical mysteries. Experience a videogame world that is affected by moon phases & help a wandering warrior monk complete her woeful errand. CRITICAL RESPONSE ***** from thousands of players! ***** from TouchArcade.com ***** from The London Times 10/10 from Destructoid.com 9.5/10 from IGN.com "Gworgeous" remarks Kotaku.com "Swo Engrossing" enthuses Joystiq.com "It's just walking!?" observes Baiyon. "Best Handheld/Mobile Game" awarded by Game Developers Choice Awards 2011. "Achievement in Art" awarded by IGF Mobile 2010. S:S&S EP features an album's worth of original music by noted composer Jim Guthrie as well as artwork & designs by Superbrothers Inc, crafted & engineered by videogame wizards at Capy in Toronto, Canada. For more details, feel free to stop by http://swordandsworcery.com Listen to Jim Guthrie's Sword & Sworcery LP: The Ballad of the Space Babies, available on iTunes here: http://goo.gl/UAoHx or on Bandcamp. ***Micro Edition now works across iOS devices including iPad***
    Information
    Seller:Capybara Games Inc.
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Apr 21, 2011
    Updated:Nov 16, 2023
    Version:1.20
    Size:391.7 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (20)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Superbrothers: Sword&Sworcery

Capybara Games Inc.
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $3.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a mythic little realm, use a sword to do battle & evoke sworcery to solve mystical musical mysteries. Experience a videogame world that is affected by moon phases & help a wandering warrior monk complete her woeful errand. CRITICAL RESPONSE ***** from thousands of players! ***** from TouchArcade.com ***** from The London Times 10/10 from Destructoid.com 9.5/10 from IGN.com "Gworgeous" remarks Kotaku.com "Swo Engrossing" enthuses Joystiq.com "It's just walking!?" observes Baiyon. "Achievement in Art" awarded by IGF Mobile 2010. S:S&S EP features an album's worth of original music by noted composer Jim Guthrie as well as artwork & designs by Superbrothers Inc, crafted & engineered by videogame wizards at Capy in Toronto, Canada. For more details, feel free to stop by http://swordandsworcery.com Listen to Jim Guthrie's Sword & Sworcery LP: The Ballad of the Space Babies, available April 2011 on iTunes, Bandcamp & limited edition vinyl.
    Information
    Seller:Capybara Games Inc.
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 24, 2011
    Updated:Nov 16, 2023
    Version:1.20
    Size:391.9 MB
    User Rating: (17)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

If you do not own this. You need to need to need to need to buy it NOW. now

Now.

Srsly. Now.

3. Appxel

Appxel Active Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Sweden
    Missed the sale in the summer, so of course I bought it now!

4. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Bought it during last sale, it's good, but a bit overrated.

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    This is a great, well-designed game, but it can get a little frustrating. Unfortunately for me, a person who rarely gets to play an iOS game for more than 15 minutes straight, I often went back into the game forgetting where I was and what I was doing.

If you're patient and have the time to look in every nook and crany of a game, then by all means pick this up. You can tell a lot of heart and soul went into the game.

If you're a pick-up-and-play for a few minutes type, you might want to think about it (although for $.99 you aren't going to lose much).

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    It's a must-have for every iOS gamer.

7. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I bought this game along with Bumpy Road for 1 buck each. I think is a good deal! :p

8. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Do I really need to be in here posting about how great this game is? Of course not! JUST BUY IT NOW!!

9. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Exactly. :) And even if you might be one of those poor souls that "doesn't get it", you won't be losing much if you give it a shot!

10. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    it is more worthwhile to get the $1.99 if you own a few idevices like iphone , ipad, ipod touch...

11. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    If you have an iPad and plan to play this game on it, get the 1.99 version.

12. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    I hadn't played the game until the sale today and I'm blown away. This is required gaming for iOS for sure. I've played the other games by Capybara like Critter Crunch and The Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes game which were brilliant as well.

13. Does it look better on the iPad or iPhone?

I have both devices, but I find that some games are better played on iPhone, like Canabalt, and Flight of the Amazon Queen, and other games with pixelated-style graphics.

For those who have played Superbrothers on both big & small screen, what is more preferable?

Thanks!!

14. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    ON SALE Again.

15. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I got it for iPhone when it was on a sale a while back and loved the game, on of my favorite

but if you have an iPad (I don't) get the iPad version

16. rice

rice Active Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I couldn't help myself, I snagged this. So many gorgeous games going on sale...

17. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Already got the ipod ver last sale...now that I got an ipad, do I want to spend 1.99 on the universal version? Arghh...I just need my mind to understand that it's a worthwhile saving drop from 4.99!

18. overzero3

overzero3 Well-Known Member

May 18, 2011
    Can anyone tell about the game lenght? How long it takes to beat the game, and, there is any update prolonging the story?
    Just got it and loving what i've played so far!

19. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    On sale again! Will finally get to checkout this gem

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    If any of you guys here on TA still haven't checked out this masterpiece, it really is about time. Grab it while it's cheap.