Carnivores: Ice Age takes players to aggressive icy world

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Nadia, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

Lifelike Hunting Experience To Reach AppStore This January

A sequel to popular hunting sim Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter, Carnivores: Ice Age is about to reach AppStore. The game meets the insatiable demand for “more animals and more maps” from fans of previous game and challenges the player to hunt on a snowy planet inhabited by pre-historic animals.

Carnivores: Ice Age hits the AppStore in the end of January 2011 as a universal app supporting Retina graphics and offering Game Center integration, over 40 achievements, 5 locations, 12 animals and 100% explorable world.

The saber-tooth tigers and mammoths don’t stand holding a red-and-white target - they run, hide, react to special sounds and attack the hunter. This gives the feeling of freedom and true-to-life experience, not offered by far by any other hunting game.

Fresh screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Carnivores fan page: www.facebook.com/carnivores

2. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
  3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    This looks awesome.

4. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

LOL @nullroar ! we'll actually have survival mode with an update, so we head off to check if mammoths hold riffles firm:)

5. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
    Omg! Can't wait for this!

6. Bfn8r

Bfn8r Member

Dec 5, 2010
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!??

I really want to know the actual release date of this game, I keep looking in the app store every day notknowing when this is coming... I really wantto know that and the price, because I dont care if this is $10, Im gonna get it no matter what! I am almost sh****** my pants waiting for this to come out, please please PLEASE give me a release date so I can atleast know when to look insteadof waiting every day and getting dissapointed not to see it on the appstore yet! I know this will be good, because I own carnivores 1 and 2 for computer and have carnivores dinosaur hunter on my ipod, and they are some of the funnest games I haveever played since I was like 6, and Im 17 now! Thank you very much to the developers of this game, I strongly appreciate it!:eek:

7. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

Release date

Hi Bfn8r - sorry for making you anxious! We are still not sure about the exact date of release (and we don't want to lie to anyone). However we'll announce it within the next couple of days:)

8. Bfn8r

Bfn8r Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Ok

Ok thanks, as soon as it is known, please post it here or something, i hope it is within the next week, but I guess I can wait for what I know will be a great game. Thanks again!:D

9. ipodrocks123

ipodrocks123 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I wish these devs could make a deer hunting game where you could walk around and set up your deer stand etc... But will never happen

10. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

The PSP content is handled by a partner company, TatemGames developers are so far responsible for iOS titles only.

True, but it's our game which we've been porting over. Original PC Carnivores series have been developed by people who now work in TatemGames (Carnivores: Cityscape excluding).

11. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

about deer hunting

We just thought shooting almost motionless helpless animals is a little less fun than hunting animals who bite, but if people say so... We'll read through some encyclopedias and see if there is someone as cute as deer to kill

12. Gamerl01

Gamerl01 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Cleaning restrooms at the local strip club
    Houston, Texas
    are you going to port carnivores cityscape to ios.:)

13. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    Wow I thought it was a good idea...guess you guys have never played a deer hunter game from sunstorm on pc where moutain lions and bears attacked the hunter...

14. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

this IS a good idea! Not sure though if it fits into the storyline of Carnivores series but it doesn't hurt to start a new hunting series:) Deers are still the most wanted target for hunting, aren't they?

15. Nadia

Nadia Well-Known Member

Carnivores: Cityscape

Cityscape was not developed by us initially and there will most probably NOT be any direct port.

However people seem to be pretty interested in trying to hunt other people so we're considering this:) The most hilarious suggestion on our Facebook page was to make a game where you would hunt celebrities:)

16. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    How about a game where we hunt other Toucharcade members? I would pay $50 for that.

17. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I'd rather pay $300 for a gun and some bullets so I can hunt TA members IRL.

18. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    I've heard IRL has some respawning issues so I'd rather not try it.

19. ipodrocks123

Jul 19, 2009
    I think it would sell pretty good. Look how many glu has sold. And there's is more arcadish..

20. Invadorgrey

Invadorgrey Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    student
    Chicago
    can you free roam around the environments.