What types of RPG do you like on mobile platform?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KloKi, May 5, 2015.

1. KloKi

KloKi Member

Apr 29, 2015
    officier
    Canada
    #1 KloKi, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
    I think the mobile role-playing games at the present market can be divided into three types: Action RPG, like Order & Chaos, Forsaken World Mobile, Spirit Lords and Zenonia; Turn-based RPG, like Guardian Stone, Masters of Masks and Zodiac; The games with RPG elements, like Heroes Charge, Dungeon Link and Puzzle and Dragons. In general, Action RPG uses virtual controller to offer a thrilling real-time action battles. Turn-based RPG emphasizes strategic. And the games with RPG elements are relatively simple to play. So, what types of RPG do you like best on mobile platform? And which type you think is best fit for the control of mobile devices?

Personally, I like action RPG, but don’t like to use virtual controller. So, I have bought a controller for my iPhone.

Edit: There may be some mistakes in my expression. I didn't mean to say that the games should be freemium or chargeable. Any RPG is OK

2. Ela

Ela Member

May 2, 2015
    Student
    Tempa
    I don’t like action RPG. The virtual controller is really terrible. Every time I play an action RPG, my iPhone’s screen would get wet and dirty. And the virtual buttons are not sensitive and often misunderstand my commands.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Funny how all titles mentioned in the thread so far are all freemium. :D

4. Elsa

Elsa Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Arendelle
    RPG > real-time > singleplayer > non-party based > no god-of-war-like game with light RPG elements > western > fantasy

... that pretty much narrows it down to 5 games on iOS.

*cries in the corner*

5. KloKi

KloKi Member

Apr 29, 2015
    officier
    Canada
    Hmmm.. because I only play free-to-play game.... oh no, I feel awkward now.:(

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #6 psj3809, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Why do you only play freemium ? Surely a few dollars for some of the quality RPG's are worth it !!

Strange as normally you get people saying premium only not freemium, dont think i've spoken to a 'freemium only' person before !

7. SwipeNova

SwipeNova Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2015
    I will play anything that is fun regardless of sub-genre or payment model :)

Currently spending a lot of time with Dungeon Link (F2P) and i will spend some quality time with Ys 1 soon (Premium) and various other games

8. digitalphil

digitalphil Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2012
    I beat a few rpg's in a row last year and this year.... Alphadia 2, Aralon:Sword and Shadow, Zenonia, Swordigo, and finally just finished Eternity Warriors 3. So it looks like i mostly play Action RPG's with Alphadia being the exception. Freemium or premium... i'll play them all... as long as they're fun.. *** btw i spent 0 money on Eternity Warriors***

9. KloKi

KloKi Member

Apr 29, 2015
    officier
    Canada
    I like to play online games on mobile. And these games are generally free to download with in-game purchase.There may be some mistakes in my expression. But that's not the point. Anyway, I'll try more games with different charging modes in the future.

10. NetBad

NetBad Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Designer for Construction
    America
    All of these 3 types are OK. But if you insisted, I would say action RPG, cuz I needn't to think too much to play the type of RPG. I just fight, fight and fight. It feels great:):D

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I've gotten past the addiction to turn-based RPGs, but i still enjoy playing them. My favorite subgenre rightnow are action RPGs. Good examples im currently playing and recently played or completed are Oceanhorn, H&C2, Implosion, MHFU, Ys Chronicles 1, Wayward Souls, Tainted Keep, Shadow Sun, Evoland... Just a few exanples.

12. KloKi

KloKi Member

Apr 29, 2015
    officier
    Canada
    Before reading your post, I didn't know I miss so many games!!

13. Kataria

Kataria Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Turn-based is better, cuz I feel very tried when I play action game, especially my hands

14. deano13

deano13 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2015
    England
    Any multiplayer party based RPG games :) cannot stand single player I think there boring :p

15. master Bates

master Bates Member

May 9, 2015
    Where is the English version of Chaos rings 3 ?????? I m tired of playing the Japanese version and not understanding this beautiful rpg lol!