GooHoo - May Release, Beta testers wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ievilgames, Mar 22, 2013.

1. ievilgames

ievilgames Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Ha ha yeah it's still coming so don't worry! We just want a couple of things fixed first which took more time than expected!

2. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    The build arrived! :D Downloading..

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    WOW! Fuge huge filesize, I have ton say. Solid game so far, but I have found a bug, where should I send a report to?

4. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I didn't get a build yet, guess I didn't make the cut. Game on for the both of use, Pocketnova!
    If nothing else you can respond to the Test Flight e-mail and that will notify the developer of your feedback. The developer might respond with better direction, I know he's active on the forums. Some of the more interesting betas are those with subgroups here encouraging more interactive discussion.

5. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Well that sucks that you didn't make the cut... You have a fantastic beta testing history! Maybe you'll be added later on? Anyway, that's a good idea! I always forget about the feedback part.

6. mac01

mac01 Active Member

undeadcow you should have got a build, i'll look into this in the morning and sort it out, sorry!

7. mac01

mac01 Active Member

Pocketnova - can you reply to the test flight email? That should be the best way. If not you can PM me or iEvilgames!

I do like the idea of a sub group and opening it up for discussion, i'll chat with the guys in the morning to get their feedback.

Thanks for testing :)

8. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    I just PM'd you with the link. You should be able to try it! If there is anyone else who hasn't got a build yet but signed up to our Testflight let us know! I think we have everyone now but just in case!
    Thanks for the great feedback already guys!

9. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Also if I have not spoken to you about this and you are playtesting we need the name you want to be mentioned as on the credits screen So if you can PM us that would be brill. And thanks again for all your help so far everyone!

10. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    Just to let you know we have added a new video of Goohoo. Thanks people for all the support so far. We have had some amazing feedback on the game!

11. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    GooHoo Playtesting discussion

This one is for all the playtesters, we have been getting great feedback on the project so thanks for that!

We have had a couple of PM requests from playtesters to have somewhere they can compare notes about the game. We were thinking 2 options. Either a closed facebook group or keep the conversation going on this thread. I think it would be easier to bring up some thoughts here, we are happy to discuss things openly with everyone, and if you don't have an FB account then the other option is a problem!

Anyway be great to hera your thoughts and we can come to a decision!

Thanks again!

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You can create an Invite Only Private Social Group on Touch Arcade; I would discourage public beta discussion because it might tend to highlight flaws or feedback may be critical in nature. Facebook might work too but agggh... it's Facebook.

I'm not sure if this link to create a Social Group will work but you can access this feature by clicking your user name in upper left.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?do=create

13. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    ^This^ + some unimaginably high number.

I notice a tendency among less experienced testers to dump WAY too much info in the thread, and stuff that should not be public knowledge before launch... it's called Beta for a reason...;):D

I'm down for whatever. I've even had a bunch of testers in recent months just exchange PMs...

DBC

14. mibsmeep

mibsmeep Active Member

May 16, 2011
    I will beta test.

I have not been on toucharcade for a few years since the jailbreak section shutdown but have beta tested things before.
    I will most likely find something as minor like graphic cutoff or possibly as major as forces pushing objects through each other.

15. mac01

mac01 Active Member

Sorry mibsmeep the deadline has now past to test for GooHoo, we can contact you for our next batch of testing should be in about 8 weeks?

16. mac01

mac01 Active Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone, we'll assemble the last few bits of information and set up a private group on touch arcade as undeadcow suggested.

Thanks again for your time guys, really appreciated!

17. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    Apologies for not leaving any feedback yet! I am trying to play as much as I can, to get some good feedback/bug reports.

18. mac01

mac01 Active Member

That's not a problem Pocketnova, we are still evaluating what we have received so far and making changes. It's still early stages as far as were concerned, thanks :)

19. ievilgames

Dec 20, 2010
    Developer
    UK
    It's all been great so far thanks people for all the help! We'll let you know how we will proceed with the open discussions ;)

20. mac01

mac01 Active Member

I've sent out an invite to the play testers to join a social group for goohoo. Let me know if things don't work out :)
    Cheers!