ElementalMonster TD vs Moonlight Minions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rixx, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Rixx

Rixx Well-Known Member

May 29, 2009
    College Instructor
    Longview, Texas
    Somehow, though I have almost all of the TD games, I have not gotten either of these. I still have a couple bucks left on my iTunes account, so which of these would you recommend? I hope to eventually get both, but with Christmas and $$, it will be a while.

Thanks for your help,

Rixx

2. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    I don't have Elemental Monster TD, but I do have Moonlight Minions. Moonlight Minions is OK, it just gets kinda boring after a while... It does have plenty of levels and variety though! Its not bad for $2

3. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I hope you have all Defender Chronicles. But out of the ones you mentioned, I would go with Elemental Monster TD. The card collecting adds another element to the tower defense game, while moonlight minions is just another tower defense, although I really like the art style. The gameplay just doesn't do it for me.

4. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    EMTD is one of my favourite iPhone games ever. It takes some time to learn how to play and can be quite difficult at first, but once you get dragons, the game becomes much easier and very satisfying. I have only played MM a little bit, but it didn't strike me the same way. Get EMTD.

5. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    +1 MM is alright... definitely not the best TD. It's kind of bland and doesn't really introduce anything new to the TD genre. I whole heartedly recommend EMTD, very awesome game with the card elements, it also has good graphics and nice animations, if that's very important to you. One of the best TDs out there, got get it. It was also ported to the PSP, btw.

6. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008

I liked better EMTD. MM is not bad

7. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Yes, Elemental M is a lot better. Difficult but amazing and with lot of content. Minions is ok but just that.
    EM=5 stars Minions=3 stars