New and Noteworthy or What's Hot? Have any value?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ertanakgul, Jun 5, 2010.

1. ertanakgul

ertanakgul Active Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Just after launch my game Jump Above is Featured by Apple under "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" in both Kids and Family Games sub-categories. Is it a good sign?

After few analysis I noticed that many of featured apps did well but many of them are not totally. My app already have few good rating and reviews and gameplay is really very nice. How much success I can expect from this? I seen that its in 102 in kids Games subcategory. Is there any possibility to come it within top 10 of that sub-category? What should be my next steps to make it more noticeable on iTunes. Expect good advice from experienced developers.

2. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

It's a good step, but it's not on the main versions - meaning that someone has to be looking in that area first. Regardless, it couldn't hurt.

3. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    To be honest we are featured (Suds McKenzie HD - which is highly rated and reviewed in itunes) in new and noteworthy and whats hot in action in adventure which seem like bigger categories.

It doesn't really help rank or sales that I have noticed the last 48 hours... You need to be visible in the main games page in new and noteworthy or whats hot.

Also iPad appstore doesn't have subcategories of games on the iPad when people browse for ipad we are invisible. (may also be true for the iphone/itouch)

I believe most people do the browsing for apps on their ipad right now.

Good luck

- Matt