Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    I agree it does reek of money hungry this time! Foolishly I used more gems than i would like to remember hoping to breed a second LPY...I think the idea behind this go round was "how much will you spend for an opportunity to breed a dragon thats only available 3 days or trying to breed a second dragon before you realize that's not even an option?

2. Lao-shu

Lao-shu Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    In fact, I do not have two. I thought I did, but the second one was actually just a 14-hour dragon, not a 14:30 one. I think everyone may be right, that it's one Leap Year dragon per person, unless you buy a second. I'm certainly not going to waste money doing that...there's no compelling reason to have two, other than to breed even more of them, and let's face it, it's just a recolour of the rainbow.

3. MaLiesa

MaLiesa Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    US
    #2663 MaLiesa, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    Hey AM, welcome! I remember when I started, it's tough the first day or two until you figure it out. My advice to you, utilize the forum it will keep you apprised of whats happening and you'll have a lot of new friends to help you get going. When your looking to breed a particular dragon, pull up the dragon eggs in the market. The dragon eggs will have flags listed underneath them which will indicate the elements to use and the order to breed them in. That should get you a good start, if you have questions for a particular dragon don't hesitate to ask. The forum will soon be like your own little Dragonvale family, we all are willing to help!

4. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #2664 girlpower, Feb 29, 2012
    Well in my panic, I have also used all but 3 of my stockpiled gems in speeding up so many failed breeds and combos my head now hurts, still got 15 hrs before Panlong is out of EBC, so only using one cave also.

Still no Leap Year and I am not buying a single darn gem on principle....
    If I miss out, well so be it.....I won't be supporting the devs with my money any longer when they put such short time constraints on whats turning out to be a pressure dragon for a few of us :(

Good luck to all that have one, just appreciate the fact that you do, and save your gems....the devs must be rubbing their hands with glee

Edit....forgot to mention that I do have the ‘astrolabe' close to breeding cave.....working a treat so far.
    Apologies for misery post today....too much real life sadness at the moment

5. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #2665 hookedat40, Feb 29, 2012
    wondering
    I am not having any success either...cyberhugs to you and all others with no success! I am wondering if rare dragon success is related to actual gem purchases?! Those I know that have purchased gems are getting rare dragons more easily than I have...and I haven't purchased any...on principle. (fyi my daughter did purchase a few dollars worth early on and has got 2 suns & frostfire before level 20 and her friend, same level, has got a rainbow, panlong and now leapyear and she has also purchased gems)

6. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Welcome! the dragonvale wiki has lots of good hints too!

7. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Girlpower, sent a gem to you with a big hug & breeding luck attached.
    Hooked, sent you a gem as well.
    LY dragon has just GOT to happen for such dedicated dragon keepers and for all the positive encouragement & help you both give to everyone on this forum. Good karma has to come your way! (before March 1st!):eek:

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Really don't know either but I have brought minimum amout of gems maybe three times in almost 6 mths of playing, but not anymore after this.

Cyber hugs to you too and anyone else still pushing against the clock for one.
    Thanx for pm, have replied.

DONT WANT TO BE LEFT BEHIND boo hoo

9. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    DmDaily!!!!!!!!! Glad to have you back! Congrats on your LY dragon! No other new dragons that I know of. :confused:

10. darren12

darren12 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Just got mine after 100+ gems spent!!! Anyone having trouble and in need of gems add me and I'll help you out

11. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks AJ, much appreciated :)
    Patiently waiting for both current fail and nursery space......
    I really don't know which combo to try, too nervous to try another pan/love after 5 fails, one being the current 36 hr...can't hurry it up either, anyway the egg will also take up nursery space for another 36 hrs.

Its the ticking clock.....tick tock....aargh

12. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Haha, yueding....there's one of those on here right now...:p

13. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes please ;) request on its way..thanks Darren ( I will gift you back, but may take a while as its a bit long) always gift back though, if you also need one now please let me know though...about 22 hrs to wait

Congrats on your success too :D

14. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome Amsterdam! This is a great group of DV addicts, such as yourself. :D
    Be sure to go thru the past posts for some guidance & what to expect. You will find that breeding some of the rarer dragons can be quite random & frustrating, but don't give up. Also be sure to cultivate some DV friends for gem swapping.
    A good reference,pics of eggs, breeding guides and more can be found at:
    http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/DragonVale_Wiki
    Hope it helps!

15. Trahald

Trahald New Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Roskilde, Denmark
    I've tried almost all positive listet combinations with the dragons i got:

Epic Breeding Island:
    Mud10/Blazing10 = Lava, Sonic
    Seaweed10/Firefly10 = Snow, Fog
    Firefly10/Snow10 = LeapYear:D, Scorch, Snow, Fog
    Mud10/Scorch10 = Lava, Mud

Breeding Cave:
    BlueFire10/Crystal10 = Crystal
    Firefly10/Cold10 = Sun

GC ID: Trahald

16. steeeeeve!

steeeeeve! Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Arhhhhh!

400+ gems spent still no frigging leap year dragon. I've been playing this game everyday since September I have over 1.5 billion park value every dragon so far I'm gonna really be pissed if I miss this one

17. atilla

atilla Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Finally got my LYD! After exhausting almost all my gems, got it with cold and love after 6+ tries. Good luck to everyone who still has not had luck getting it. :)

18. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    Wishing you all the best in breeding the LYD today!
    I know I'm gonna need it!

My Cold+Love have been tied up in a 48 since yesterday morning, in a few minutes I'm going to speed it up at 24 and try my luck again.. if it's 48 again I'm gonna be pissed LOL

19. Jacobfarrow

Jacobfarrow Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Well, you guys gotta get LY dragon today, because it is gonna be gone on march 1, AKA tomorrow, and won't be back until the next leap year, which will be in 4 years... Good luck to everybody!

20. kasm

kasm Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    I have come to the conclusion that you can not get a second Leap Year Dragon without either hacking or buying with gems.

If anyone has gotten a 2nd LYD through standard breeding, please post. I've spent many gems for probably a hopeless cause.