Best Ad network experience?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by ziggyeye, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ziggyeye

ziggyeye Active Member

Apr 9, 2009
    So I've used Greystripe, Quattro, Admob, Jumptap, and Mobclix.
    Results vary depending on app and the market of course.

1) Greystripe - didn't work well for me. But most of my game apps have low results. Could be ok if you show the ad in a good spot for the game.

2) Admob - pretty decent consistent performance.
    3) Quattro - revenues seem to be higher than Admob by a good amount.
    4) Jumptap - tried it for a few hours but the eCPM seemed pretty low still so I stopped using it
    5) Mobclix - OK. somewhat comparable to Admob's performance. Not all the adnetworks approve right away so that probably affects it.

Anyone else have experience with these networks? And tips on how to improve revenues? Do eCPMs get higher if I use the adnetwork for longer periods of time or the opposite?

2. jsappsinc

jsappsinc Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    #2 jsappsinc, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
    i use adMob, but may switch to jumptap

3. DropDKeith

DropDKeith Well-Known Member

We've been quite happy with Mobclix.

It does take a little while for the ad networks to be approved.

4. mundue

mundue Active Member

Dec 28, 2009
    iOS & OS X developer
    Colorado
    If you can get into the AdSense program, it has the best eCPM consistently, typically over $2.00, but YMMV.

You'll want to use one of the mediation layers (AdWhirl, Mobclix, TapJoy, etc) since that doesn't lock you into a single network. Most if not all of the networks (save Google AdSense) cannot handle high fill rates consistently, so you need to have backups.

eCPM tend to get lower over time, as I think they entice you with higher revenues up front. It's also very seasonal, peaking around the major holidays.

5. arash

arash Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Co-Founder and CEO at Limbic Software
    Palo Alto, California
    I'll second mundue on the mediation layer. It really helps to be able to switch networks as their campaigns come and go. You never want to be stuck with one network, and have to wait for an update to switch. For TowerMadness Zero we ended up writing our own ML, but the ones mundue has listed are quite capable.

We have added Google AdSense for Mobile in our new update, and are excited to see how it goes with all the good things we've been hearing.

6. rarindeed

rarindeed New Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Also, in addition to a mediation layer, it's critical to be able to geo-target ad networks. Some ad networks perform much, much better than others in specific region so sending traffic to the best performing network in a certain region can really increase your revenues.

7. Laura Dunn

Laura Dunn Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Mobile Advertising
    Irvine, Ca.
    Ziggyeye,

I noticed that you have listed a handful of our direct competitors. I can assure you that we can help you monetize your application with great fill rates, and have plenty of advertisers using our platform. With a great array of advertisers, you're sure to find someone who wants to advertise on your app. We have a great UI and lots of in-depth targeting options for advertisers as well as auto optimization functions that will help you maximize your revenue.

Laura Dunn | TapIt!™ Mobile Advertising

www.TapIt.com | Read More

Mobile App Developers Earn More With TapIt!™

- Brand Performance
    - Rich Media
    - Local Ads
    - Video
    - RTB
    - App Installs
    - Interstitials
    - 24/7 Support
    - Weekly Payments For Top Partners!

8. stonery

stonery Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Editor
    Neverland
    Is there one that can do ad/cross promotion/mediation layer at the same time?

9. Papworth

Papworth New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Heyy

I have used Adsense and Admob and now I'm using Tapit...Tapit has been great so far...excellent customer service and they have been very honest with me

10. James Green

James Green Member

Sep 30, 2011
    adiquity gave me better performance than other networks...

11. Eugen Dobrin

Eugen Dobrin New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    an useful info thanks...

12. mabmobile3

mabmobile3 New Member

Mar 2, 2012
    You don't need to switch, you can use both, or more. All the ones mentioned in this thread are good. But as you probably know, be careful with AdSense in case you get banned.

13. stevesmith84

stevesmith84 New Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I been using Tapit personally for my Iphone App. They are fairly new, so there is not a lot of people that know about them. You guys should check them out.