Charred Dirt Defense [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by CharredDirt, Mar 9, 2012.

1. CharredDirt

CharredDirt Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm an independent game developer underway with a new Universal App in the Defense Genre. I made a side action (like Worms) Tank game a few years back called Charred Dirt. This new game is a spinoff set in the same world but with tower defense style gameplay. I hope to include big bosses, elemental damage systems and the ability to assemble your own tank in-game based on the situation.

[​IMG]

Full HD preview here

I'd love to hear thoughts or suggestions on this. Thanks!

-Smackbringer
    Lead Artist and Concept Designer for Charred Dirt Defense

2. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    if you make the actual game look like that, you have my money for sure.

3. CharredDirt

The game will look like that. That's the actual map file that will be loaded by the engine. I will probably make a pretty background to go with it so expect it to look better than this.

Just to give people more of a taste, here's a new map I made today that shows multiple creep paths. Should be more challenging as there aren't as many free places to place your tanks.

Map #2 HD Link (Dam Level)
    http://www.charreddirt.com/images/grasslandsmap2.png

4. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    Wow, I'm impressed. Who did the artwork? You? If so, you have me sold on that high quality art alone. How far along is this game?

5. CharredDirt

Yup, I did the artwork. I have a lot more stuff coming, this is just the beginning. We're in the beginning phases of the game but I feel we have everything mapped out well and my programmer is fast. I'm mostly trying to get a little buzz and awareness of the project going on. I would expect the game to be out later this year. Could be sooner.

6. CharredDirt

Just updated the water tiles. They look much better now. Also the coding has begun. I saw some actual screenshots of the game being loaded on the iPhone and I can confirm that it looks just like the previews I've been showing.

Here's an updated version of Map #2 with water tiles.
    http://shiroboi.deviantart.com/#/d4skv6p

7. DaGreen1

DaGreen1 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Florida
    I'm impressed. I can't wait to see the finished product.

8. CharredDirt

Thanks man, I'll keep posting new updates here as the game progresses.