Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Imp Paired

A memory game for a modern age, Imp Paired is a bold and sharp witted reinterpretation of a classic memory game mechanic.

Finding matching patterns on the backs of packages removes them from the play area, but as the player keeps making guesses, more and more packages fall in to place. Once the board fills completely it's game over.

The game plays out on a package sorting production line in a place that seems to be somewhere between a factory and a funfair. The player's work is overseen by a pair of maniacal imp characters; who regularly drop in to instruct, encourage, taunt, tease, and occasionally flat out insult the player.

To succeed, you must negotiate your simple but increasingly challenging task by adopting mnemonic strategies of your own design.

Packed with beautiful artwork and playful humour, Imp Paired is a treat for the eyes and an engrossing challenge for the mind.

I am the independent developer behind Imp Paired. Before I took up game development I had trained for six years to become an architect. Frustrated with the profession I was about to enter, I turned away in search of a new creative outlet, eventually finding independent game development. That whole story is quite complicated and quite interesting. It was featured in Gamasutra a few months back. Imp Paired is my first release and the stage on which I have learnt about making games

Hope you enjoy it

The app store link is right here
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I grabbed and am enjoying the game BUT...(there's always a but) I'd rather skip the cute dialog between levels. The humor isn't that bad, but those long intermissions really throw me off my rhythm. Even worse, as I assume, I'd have to sit through the same dialog every time I replay the game!?

Like I appreciate how you explain the important rule changes in Challenge mode, but once it has been explained to me I really don't want to sit through those pages of dialog EVERY TIME I play that mode!

If there is an option in preferences to skip all of the dialog I'd really appreciate it, although at the same time, like with important rule changes, I'd hope it would be simple enough to re-enable the dialog if I want the rules re-explained.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:22 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thanks for giving it go, and it's good to hear you enjoyed it.

I do get what you mean about the dialogue. Allowing the player to turn it off is firmly on the list of possibilities for a future update. It could be a relatively minor tweak that doesn't have too much of a gameplay effect, so that makes it a decent candidate for trying out.