Kruptos (not a game) $0.99 --> FREE

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by GuyOnDrugs (GOD), Jun 20, 2014.

1. GuyOnDrugs (GOD)

GuyOnDrugs (GOD) Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    #1 GuyOnDrugs (GOD), Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #2 cloudpuff, Jun 20, 2014
    I just got 300mb back with this, cheers.

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

3. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    What's the difference between this and restarting your device or letting iOS give you your space back?

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I was wondering that myself. I hope it's faster and somehow does a better job. This app could be a life saver. I don't even have enough room to install it, lol! :D

5. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #5 cloudpuff, Jun 20, 2014
    What do you mean by letting ios give you your space back? I think this app removes files and data that gets left on your device by other apps and browsing online, sometimes uninstalled apps can leave stuff behind I think etc. I dunno for sure, hopefully someone who can explain stuff better than me comes along.

Edit, I used to use dr storage but often you could see the extra memory go back down as I used some apps, but so far this has stayed at 2.8gb free, up from 2.4 before I ran it an hour or so ago.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    What is all the encryption IAPS in this app? Does it remove or encrypt data? I'm confused with the purpose of this app..

7. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Exactly, I'm starting to think this might all be some kind of horse wash.

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

My assumption, based in the App Store description, is that certain government sections require a minimal type of encryption, therefor different standards based on the field they work in. The main thing is I used to work for a government entity and they do not allow cellphones with cameras, so the point is moot having this app.

9. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    When iOS runs out of space (or at least according to what it tells you under usage), it will automatically clean up temp files and cache to make more room.

Restarting the device also clears up some of the temp and cache.

10. blahdo

blahdo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    I think the encryption part only affects jail broken phones as you don't really get access to anything if you're not.

Also, why is it an 18mb download when it can be done in less that 2mb...

11. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    #11 mrbiggles, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    yeah odd IAPS etc

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

Attached Files:

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #12 Nekku, Jun 21, 2014
    These kind of apps are usually writing a dummy file until your device is running out of space and therefore forcing iOS to automaticaly deleting chached files. Apps are sandboxed so there isn't any way to search for trash files outside this sandbox (in other Apps) without being jailbreaked.

Standard encryption is also build into iOS by default. There are tons of apps which will do this for free (Documents for example).

13. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I want to warn everyone about this app. I don't know if it caused it but within 30 minutes after using this app I think it may have screwed something up
    My ipad would not boot and I had to do a full restored. The name of app is called kruptos like currupt? Idk. It was strange. When I connected my ipad into iTunes it said all of my space was other.

14. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ye, as I said. This app has written a big dummy file into it's own cache folder (cache files are shown as "other" in iTunes) trying to force iOS's automatic clean up process which can lead into problems if it is triggered this way.
    Apple already pulled many of these kind of apps.

15. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Okay I better not even use this, I'll stick to icleaner. By the way I uses icleaner just now and got 838mb of free space back :)

16. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I just connected my device to the laptop after reading cool peppers post and it's fine, phew.

I've been using dr storage for months but never got great results with it, that worked in the same way as this one, I'd not have used either of these apps had I know it could be harmful to my device, I first read of these type of app so the ways to manage storage thread as they were recommended by lots of people.

I'm relieved that my ipad seems ok. Restoring is an utter pain.

17. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #17 coolpepper43, Jun 21, 2014
    Ya, I thought it was going to be a huge pain in the butt, but iCloud made it a pretty smooth and easy process. I am still trying to get my device back to normal. I'm not saying that the app caused it but the timing of all of this was very strange. Especially since I never had a problem like this before. Either way, I do not recommend anyone downloading this if it is causing problems.

Also , something that I found very strange is that after I connected my ipad to iTunes my virus scanner on my PC detected a ios Trojan later that night. It never detected anything like that before and I didn't even know those things existed unless your jailbroken. It's pretty scary and I hope my device is not compromised.

18. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've not heard of an iOS Trojan but it sounds scary, is it on your actual device or something that's passed from your device to the PC during sync.? Have you managed to get rid of it?

19. coolpepper43

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    It transferred to my PC. It's not on my PC anymore but I am not sure about my device. I did to a restore and restored a backup from iCloud. The iCloud backup was backed up before I installed this app. I hope that means that I did not reinfect myself. If this app is indeed infecting people's devices and screwing them up, which I am not even sure if it is even possible then maybe someone should label the title of this thread with a warning to prevent damage.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    You remember the name of this "iOS Trojan"?