Universal Growtopia (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 10, 2013.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I got a house....well sort of one and on the other side rows and rows of trees from dirt to the dub step robot one. Missing a good bit but might have to start building underground.

2. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    So I went ahead and found the four seeds that were spontaneously seeded throughout my world, and all four were Mystery Block Seeds, growing Mystery Block Trees. 5 days left. Was last night's event universal for everyone? Anyone get anything different? Personally, I'm a fan of tiles that link cleanly, like dirt and cave wallpaper, much more so than those that remain clearly separate squares, like lava, so I'm curious what's in store.

3. Seil

Seil Growtopia Seed Master

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Events happen randomly in worlds. So no it didn't happen everywhere. Highly populated worlds are more likely to get events, and staff can set off events themselves.

The only three random events I've seen so far are one that generates a ton of gems spread throughout the world, random mystery block seed spawn and deathmatch which has you punch other players to death to steal a tiny number of gems from them like 3.

4. nat

nat New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    #144 nat, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    my brothers fault. i got abanned from growtopia :(

Seth please help me. My brother was cussing at other players in growtopia and i got banned. I stopped him but it was too:( late. Please help me. Unban me, i miss my best.friends in that game. My name in game is nat.
    Please msg me by email if you want to. [email protected]
    :( please message me back. I miss this game so much.

5. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    So. I've tested most of the combinations for possible tier 6 items. All of the combos I haven't tested yet involve clothes seeds. No clothes related splicing attempt I have made so far has had any results, so I'm starting to assume there are no recipes that involve them. Not sure, though.

I discovered two more of the new item recipes, Viking Helmet and Pigtails.

I'll be adding tier 6 to the SEEDIARY once I decide whether I want to test all of the clothes seed combos or not. Clothing seeds are a pain to get and I've maxed out my inventory and it still takes a ton of management if I include clothing seeds lol. Wish I knew for sure whether they are used in recipes or not.

6. Seth A Robinson

Seth A Robinson Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Clothing pieces are dead-ends of the crafting tree, you should never be able to find/make seeds for clothing directly.

What makes this a big tricky is there are a FEW kinds of items that that seem like clothing but actually are classed as "consumable items".

For instance, the Halo and Devil Horns, you CAN get seeds for those, but they are not normal clothing as they have temporary effects, and when used DO drop gems and seeds sometimes. (Normal clothing can't be used or destroyed, so there is no seed production)

7. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #147 Seil, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    I have seeds for every tier 5 clothing item and some tier 6. The trees can provide seeds lol. Judging from your description that may be a bug though?

Edit: Also the recycling value for a lot of lower tier clothing feels really off for me. 40+ of an item should never equate to 0 gems imo @_@ Especially for items that you can only get in limited quantities from trees and not multiply

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Yes I get that on recycling as well its either zero or 3 to 5 gems from 1 to rank 20 I did and even a 39 it seems weird.

9. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Uh oh, that is a bug.. :eek: Although no harm done, other than the seeds will waste peoples time when they try to splice. Will fix, thanks! Those seeds are about to become very rare, may want to hold on to them. :)

10. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Haha. Well, at least I'll have some cool collectibles. Don't have any high tier clothing seeds yet ='(

Also I could have tested like every combination in game by now if I had known that lmao. I spent most of my playtime yesterday getting all the tier 5 clothing seeds >.<

11. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    I think how it works is recycling exactly mimics how many gems you'd get if you punched the blocks - (maybe.. may be slightly less) - but, when punching blocks, sometimes you get seeds instead of gems. In those cases when recycling, you just get nothing.

So to get the full benefits of an item, you really do have to place it and break, but the cost is time and hassle of doing that.

12. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    The big problem is clothing, though.

I recycled over 40 red hair yesterday for 0 gems, for instance. That's pretty bad considering they're a dead end item that can't be multiplied or broken lol. Granted they were a biproduct of me hunting for red hair seeds, but still. Some clothing have okay average recycle rates, but seeing a tier 5 item worth less than dirt is sad =p

13. BunchOCurls

BunchOCurls Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Hey guys I have a big problem. I bought some gems for 1.99 and it didn't go through so I bought it again. I was charged twice and received no gems. This is really disappointing and I would like my 5000 gems! Any ideas/help?!!!?

14. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    A few orders seem to be falling through the cracks, not sure why! I've sent you the gems to the handle you gave in your pm, sorry for the delay.

15. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    I just asked Hamumu about that (he's the item master!) and he says they are only rarity 6, so in terms of gems, they actually do have the same value as dirt so it is possible that could happen if you were slightly unlucky.

16. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    #156 Seil, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    Wait. Rarity 6 has the same value as rarity 1? x.x But I mean, I recycled no telling how many clothing items yesterday with 0s.

Plus a single red hair tree would require a minimum of:

2 Dirt seeds
    3 Rock seeds
    1 Lava seeds
    (from the ground up)

And I don't even know how much time growing the trees total.

Assuming you got seeds from all of the required next steps to make it up to red hair. To get 40 red hair you would need what like 10+ of those trees? o_O

Never exactly had any intention of farming clothing for gems haha, but it's still odd y'know?

Edit: Had 1 extra dirt and rock seed originally, fixed.

Edit2: Unrelated but some modifiers seem glitchy. It's as though some mods remove others(without a message) and sometimes I'll login without one that I had before disconnecting. It became noticeable due to randomly losing double jump from my wings. So I began monitoring my /status.

If I equip my wings, my enhanced digging vanishes. And vice-versa. BUT if I had double jump previously and equip my pickaxe, double jump is removed from my mods list but I still have it. This doesn't always hold true for enhanced digging. It's all really trippy and unusual.

17. Seth A Robinson

Jun 27, 2009
    Game developer
    Japan
    Rarity sort of exponentially grows (a rarity is the total of an item is the rarity of the two seeds used to make it) so in our system it doesn't really get serious until after rarity 6, then things jump to big gem payoffs quickly.

There is a huge bug I created last night with item mod effects, gonna patch that up soon!

18. Seil

Aug 30, 2012
    US
    Gotcha. I'll just throw spare low rarity clothes around start or something then instead of recycling haha.

Looking forward to the mod bug fix, so much re equipping.

In the meantime I suppose it's time for me to go add tier 6 to the seediary so I can get to work on tier 7!

19. nat

nat New Member

Jan 15, 2013
    growtopia

Seth,sorry. What I mean was that I am banned from device or loation. So I couldnt get back on anymore on that device or location. :(

20. Jordanbuzz

Jordanbuzz Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Can anyone tell me why I have numbers next my name? Should I get a grow ID and it will fix it?