Pro Strategy Football Screenshots

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ProStrategyFootball, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProStrategyFootball

ProStrategyFootball Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    One of the biggest changes to the 2015 versions of the Pro Strategy Football games is the new play calling! This is available in both Casual and Hard Core difficulty.

Here you're on offense. You can tap any pulsing player or any of the icons around the edges.

[​IMG]

Here I've tapped the QB (be sure to tap all players, as they have different options)
    [​IMG]

Notice that you see his game stats and player ratings at the top of the menu. The visible ratings and stats will depend on whether you're calling a run, pass, punt, or fieldgoal. The QB can change the play, formation, toggle between play action and drop back pass, and more.

Here I can see the different formations:
    [​IMG]

And the various base plays available:
    [​IMG]

Tapping any eligible receiver or ball carrier, I can choose to give him the ball, change his pass pattern, maybe send him in motion. For convenience, the Play can be changed as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tap any back or tight end to assign him to pass block or to run a route. The HB can also be designated as a hot receiver.
    [​IMG]

The Coach icon is at the lower left. Tapping that icon brings up some special options, including the ability to change the difficulty, ask for the advice, and simulate the rest of the game.
    [​IMG]

In the upper left is the very important clock icon! You must learn to manage the clock, something that many real life teams shockingly neglect!
    [​IMG]

Next is the Reports menu in the upper right. From here, you can choose to view stats, scouting reports, injury reports, recap the previous play, and more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now let's check out the defense.
    Tap any Linebacker or the Free Safety (or the coach) to bring up your defensive menus.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shift a four man line where you anticipate an attack, or stunt to increase pass rush.
    [​IMG]

Choose from six base formations and three base coverages.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, if you're not sure what to do, you can switch to Casual difficulty to ease in, or you can tap Info on any option. You can also ask for advice from the Coach menu, or even have the defensive coordinator suggest a play!

[​IMG]

Of course, after all this hard work, let's hope your players can perform! We've all seen even the best players have best days. Send in your plays and watch the results!

[​IMG]

2. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    The new play calling looks interesting. Are there any other changes? Will there be one game or two separate games?

3. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Hi, PaulEd, it's two games (next year, I'm going to just avoid all this confusion and combine them, but I ran out of time this year - it's actually a bit of work). I've also added stats and leaders (game, season, career) for defense and special teams. Simulations are now much faster because everything is in memory. I also tweaked the AI draft logic, added 2015 rosters, updated for the 2015 extra point rule, added some more in-game help topics, added more information about saved games (when you view the list of games, you now see more information about each game), and various tweaks.

It was a very busy year, rewriting the whole game in C++, which allows it to run on Android, and if there's a market, I may now be able to put it on Steam for PC and Mac next year. That rewrite, the whole new UI, and all the new stats and leaders, took up the bulk of my time (along with rewriting all the database logic to now use in-memory files).

I hope that helps!

4. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Great! Will they be released on iOS soon?

5. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    #5 ProStrategyFootball, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    I keep hoping "today" but every day, it's something new. Apple's made a lot of changes this year, and they're playing havoc with me. I'll post as soon as I'm able to submit. Wish me luck.

I have just overcome a few huge hurdles yesterday and tonight, finally got some headway!

6. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Wow, I feel like I'm crawling across the finish line, gasping, but I've finally submitted the apps to Apple! Now let's hope for a quick approval!

7. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Now on the Apple Store!

8. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    This looks great!

I was in love with a game on iOS years ago that looks similar to this. I think it was called Play Football! You were the coach, called the plays, then watched how things played out with no direct control. Positive plays would unlock new playbook options. This looks like it has taken that idea to a whole new level. Very excited that I may be able to scratch that itch again.

Is this a universal app? What is the installed size?

And how quickly does the clock run? That was the thing that annoyed me most about the other game. The clock ran very fast and pretty much ignored clock stoppages for incomplete passes, etc. Games ended up being very short and there were a number of rules that weren't followed very well. Your game looks like it gives you a few options to change plays up a bit, which would take a few seconds to get a handle on your options and make your choices. Hoping that the clock is closer to real-time in your version, perhaps with an option for increasing speed if you'd like a slightly faster gameplay.