Universal Saturday Morning RPG - (by Joystick Labs, LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 4, 2012.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Don't know yet -- I literally just downloaded it with my NZ account and started playing, didn't stop till my train got to the station. I'll try to check at lunchtime.

Whatever it is, it's less than it's worth.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I did add a small Spoiler Alert Message so nobody that doesn´t want to spoil the Story might watch the Gameplay Trailer accidentally.

3. MightyRabbitJosh

MightyRabbitJosh Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Programmer and Designer at Mighty Rabbit Studios
    Holly Springs, NC
    Hi - Lead Designer and Programmer from Saturday Morning RPG here! Thanks for all the awesome posts so far!

Future episodes of Saturday Morning RPG are still in full development so we didn't want to include a "Full Purchase" option when we couldn't guarantee a certain amount of content. We don't want to rip you guys off!

Episodes are priced at $1.99 each (USD) and there is some other very unobtrusive IAPs in the game (Cereal Box Tops and Cheat Points). Cereal Box Tops let you buy stats or stickers and cheat points let you cheat in battle. Neither of those are necessary for gameplay and we certainly don't force into buying them (most people probably won't even find the cheat menu!).

As we create more episodes we will be offering diminished pricing to people who buy every episode (for instance if you buy the first five episodes we'll offer you the next few for half price, or something similar).

We're also going to put in updates for people who opt to buy nothing like an endless battle survival mode - and hopefully, an open world mode.

Really, we just want as many people as possible to play and enjoy our game.

4. Sotoro

Sotoro Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Great news so far and a really acceptable IAPs model. Will download this one as soon as possible :)

5. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Thanks for the video Sanuku! Also, thanks for suggesting that we might actually achieve game of the week (or game of the month if we're lucky)! That would amazing.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

You are Welcome! I hope you are fine with adding that iAP Message from you right on Top of the Thread so everyone knows straight from the Start how the Game will be funded in the upcoming future...

7. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Absolutely, it's better than making people search through the thread to find answers.

8. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Can't wait to play this! Tried to watch Sanuku's vids, but I could bring myself past the start screen :0

9. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Fred fn Savage..
    .. Incredible. This looks surreal. I hope Christian Slater makes an appearance somewhere preferably riding a skateboard or pumping up the volume.

10. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    I'll be throwing out promo codes for advance downloads all day through our twitter account.

We're @TheMightyRabbit

Follow us for a chance to snag an early release code.

11. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
  12. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    As a child of the 80's, this is relevant to my interests.

13. zimonkey420

zimonkey420 Active Member

Jul 28, 2010
    i seriously can't wait to play this, it looks amazing !

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Any tentative schedule of release for episodes? Looking foward to midnight.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I believe it was an hour ago when I managed to snag an early promo code for this on Twitter, and I said I would post some impressions here. The thing is, I don't want to. Seriously... I've been looking forward to this ever since it was announced eons ago, and my God it just lives up to any conceivable expectations. I just don't want to pry myself away from my phone to post impressions. Mind you this game is free, so I'm not singing praises for this game because the developer saved me a couple of dollars... I really mean it.

In a nutshell: Every single nook and cranny of this package has been thought out, giving you one heck of a polished title that sports a combination retina enabled pixels against lush backgrounds, a soundtrack that seems like it was ripped from your favorite cartoon's theme song, smooth and responsive controls, and of course just the right amount of cheese to remind you of days past. If you have fond memories sitting in front of a TV screen on a sunny Saturday morning (or in my case Thursday... hello Oman) watching Cartoon Network, get this. If you're a fan of RPGs that work flawlessly on iOS, get it. Hell, everyone just get this when it comes out, okay?

16. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    We're working crazy hard on Episode 3 right now and plan to launch it at the end of May (don't quote me on this!). Between now and then we'll be adding some new content through updates.

17. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh boy! Where to start on this.
    Just had a chance to play some and wow the first half an hour I've played so far meets my expectations, it's full of humor and little nods. The overall presentation is absolutely top notch there's so many little details every where you look. (like the little sketches randomly doodles on to your stats screen) :)
    Thankfully the controls are spot on the floating joystick works fine for walking around and the battle system is brilliant all done with a tap here and a tap there.
    I'm really not sure what else to say at this point other than grab this ASAP when it's available in your country.
    Looks like I'm going to get some serious playtime out of this and I've said goodnight to my ps3 for today as its Saturday morning rpg all night tonight.
    I'll be back with some other impressions after I've had time to atleast finish the first chapter (and made a start on the second)

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Super stoked for this! Do the episodes continue the story created in the first episode, or can they all function as stand-alone episodes?

19. MightyRabbitJosh

Nov 16, 2011
    Holly Springs, NC
    Awesome! Thanks so much for the praise! After one and a half years of development, it's relieving to hear that everyone is really enjoying it so far. When you're developing a game for so long, it is really easy to convince yourself that people won't like it. Great to know that isn't the case!

20. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    How many episodes are available from the get go? And is just the first one free? I'm really looking forward to this. This is IAP done right.