Color Bots (by Foursaken Media) - lane based color swapping action (+ BETA!)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, Jun 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Hey all, unveiling one of our next games which is around 95% complete! Color Bots is a simpler game that we'll be launching before some larger other titles coming later this year ;)

Focusing on pick up and play action, you'll swipe either up/down/left/right to switch the color of your bot's weapon, which allows you to destroy the same color enemies. Hitting enemies with the wrong color will slightly speed them up. If they reach the bottom of the lane, you'll lose a star. 3 hits and its game over. There are 10 enemy types with different abilities, as well as 10 bots to unlock, also each with different abilities and specials (strong against various colors, splash damage, etc). The game is level based with over 120 levels, with some levels requiring different spins on the gameplay to keep things fresh.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Had to note: we just saw Star Crew unveiled today (also a color based shooter), and felt we also had to announce Color Bots sooner than we wanted in order to make sure it was obvious that we didn't copy that concept! Really a pretty darn crazy coincidence how similar both games core conepts are! I'm confident that both will be super fun in different enough ways though :)

BETA INFO
    We'll also be doing a quick beta test to make sure everything is rock solid and most importantly, fun! If you're interested, please email us at [email protected] with the following info:
    - name
    - TA name
    - device
    - OS

Thanks in advance!

2. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Looks amazing and Foursaken-y!

3. Sendo

Sendo Member

Jun 20, 2016
    developer/publisher
    looks really interesting, just emailed you guys for beta test.

4. Galois

Galois Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Looks great!

5. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Yes!! Another one by my favorites! "Bigger releases later"?!?!?! So pumped

6. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    it looks very interesting !

7. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    #7 brothamannp11911, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    Obviously Block Fortress-related, but.... WHAT. I've enjoyed their takes on smaller-scoped games, though, four games this year, been good times and this one looks like it has "play me a thousand times" written all over it. Like, Space Invaders, but with colors :)

As a casual board game designer, I've been pretty influenced by FM's approach to game design at least as we see it on the user end... I actually have one or two that are heavily Block Fortress/H&C/Minecraft-y influenced ;)... where I say "let's take a game design, then try adding stuff to it..." Like, I have a Candyland/Sorry/digger mashup game I'm wrapping up and just starting playtesting stage that was totally a product of "what if I mashed up these games?" and it's really pretty neat...

It's why I keep coming back to FM games as some of the best out there; they are creative and fun, easy to learn, difficult to master, etc.

8. Nantalaion

Nantalaion New Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Japan
    Looks great!! Count me in for the beta!

9. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    Without saying anything, I am going to say something...

This. Is. Addictive.

The brothers have struck awesome sauce in the "casual" market again!

10. joelkaka

joelkaka Member

Aug 10, 2014
    looks promising!

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woah!!! How'd this one go over my head? Super stoked now!

Digging the aesthetic!

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    FM is such a powerhouse! Don't know how you guys pump them out like this. Solid presentation and great gameplay. Every. Single. Time.

Looking forward to it.

14. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks Fantastic!

15. brothamannp11911

Aug 6, 2011
    If you guys like twitchy shooters with a cool soundtrack and that ol' Foursaken charm of upgrading, tinkering, finding the right bot for the right situation, etc.. and like one-handed gameplay as Carter mentioned on the front page, this one will be a blast for you :D

I'd say right "up your alley" but in this game, the bots go down the alley ;)

16. MitchG

MitchG Member

Sep 6, 2016
    Reminds me of Mike Wazowsky :)