★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How does one stifle an app addiction?

01-21-2009, 09:05 PM
How does one stifle an app addiction?

It'a tiny purchase after tiny purchase that turns into a big hefty purchase that hurts to look at. How do I stop it? Or slow it down? It huuurts... make it stop...
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
It'a tiny purchase after tiny purchase that turns into a big hefty purchase that hurts to look at. How do I stop it? Or slow it down? It huuurts... make it stop...
I recently got a new labtop and I havn't bought anything in a month compared to my constant spending a while ago

HA!

Steve Jobs has you right where he wants you.....

(if you're a member of this forum, chances are you have the same problem too)
Try viewing only the free apps. Look at all the Top 100 Free lists and download a ton of those. Maybe that will take your mind off wanting more.

Nick Gravelyn
twitter.com/nickgravelyn - twitter.com/metacreature
Metacreature Games: Juggler - Juggler Free - Flip 3
Metacreature Apps: PhotoTalk
01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
*cough* *cough*, play more Smiles.

| Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike @ Twitter |

Smiles HD for Mac and iPad | Smiles for iPhone/iPod touch (Twitter, Website)
IGF Mobile "Best Game" Finalist | Intel "Elegance in Design" Winner
01-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaNick View Post
Try viewing only the free apps. Look at all the Top 100 Free lists and download a ton of those. Maybe that will take your mind off wanting more.
either do this or smash your device with a hammer many times as hard as you can

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
01-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I would love to hear a good solution coz i actually have the same problem. Though i don't spend as much of people around here that has blown more than $700 dollars in the app store i would be happy to stop spending money on it i have spent exactly $143 and i really promise that bobby carrot will be the last one
01-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Your not addicted to buying apps
Your addicted to buying things in general.
Seeings how the appstore always has something to buy thats where you can get your fix.

I am the sameway, but I found after impulsive purchase after impulsive purchase, that something just don't add up. Somewher good value some stunk. But why the need to buy? Because I just have to see how it is.

Lately the games have been getting better...which gives me better forsight before purchasing. Comparing to other apps and their prices. Knowing the app store stigma for imenent price drops.

Before I found a way to preview and or get apps for free (NOT BY JAILBREAKING) I easily have bought 90% of the games in the store.

I don't spend near as much as I do in Dec-Jan then Jul-Aug.

But resourcing and reviews, not having to be the first, and setting a standard of app development all helped shape my future purchase desicions.

So I said to myself "what is on my phone/mac now that I would keep forever?"
and I set a standard right there.
no more cutsy games. no more puzzles......If it isn't as good as the least best game I would keep then I'll wait for someone eles to play because they will lord knows theres gonna be someone before you.

Last edited by RedStaR; 01-21-2009 at 09:25 PM.
01-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Run out of money and it won't be a problem anymore.

I was addicted too.
01-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Don't buy a new game until you complete a couple of the games that you already have purchased.

Plus+ (Eliminate): CBraun53

Favorite games: Bounce On, Car Jack Streets, Blue Defense!, AlienMangle, Snail Mail, Mouse About