Boulder Dash®-XL™ mobile! Classic reborn!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by HeroCraftGames, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeroCraftGames

HeroCraftGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    HeroCraft company will soon release a Boulder Dash remake with a retro mode for iOS!
    [​IMG]

A classic reborn, Boulder Dash®-XL™ is going to update the 80’s best action-puzzler with cutting-edge graphics & gameplay. 100 caves of frantic robo-mining fun in 5 game modes! Get ready to dig, dynamite and push your way to the exit! This cult arcade classic will blow up the AppStore!
    Teaser Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQnj13Sz94
    Game features:
    - 5 exciting game modes
    - over 150 caves
    - 4 beautiful worlds
    - more monsters to avoid and diamonds to snatch than ever before
    - the mobile version of the million selling hit XBOX and PC game Boulder Dash XL.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Damnit, knew it was too soon to be true! :( The thread needs to be moved to the "Upcoming" section.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Had just posted a thread with this but i'll keep the dev thread....

Says coming soon, apparently its the version on X-Box live. You can have the retro mode which is good for us oldies which features 80's style graphics, i've had a look at the X-Box version and theres a lot of mazes to it which is good.

To me this was one of the classic boulder/diamond games along with Repton in the 80's. Nice to see this come out, there have been two previous versions on the app store i've got but this seems to be looking the better one so far.

Hope the controls work well, Boulderdash has always been an excellent game, quite frustrating at times trying to get all the diamonds !

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I'm actually surprised that this isn't an endless runner :eek:

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    If they turned Boulderdash into an endless runner it'll be like turning Tetris into a Call of Duty FPS game!

6. HeroCraftGames

HeroCraftGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 2, 2012
    Thanx a lot:) We'll keep the news updated and we'll surely let you know as soon as the game is released:)

It's a great pleasure to hear that the game is awaited.

7. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Damn, I was really hoping this would be released this week. I'm so impatient haha :p

8. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Anyone know if this 'soon' is going to be in 2012 or not?

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #9 drelbs, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
    Endless digger?

Maybe if you crossed Boulder Dash with Super Mario Bros. and tossed in procedurally-generated levels for fun? :eek:

Or, just take Micro Miner's setup and make it Boulder Dash instead. I guess Mr. Driller comes pretty close to that already... :eek:

PS> Boulder Dash II is available as IAP in the Commodore 64 app, though it's too bad that's the only one - there were a bunch of them, including a Construction Set...