App description: Join your friends in this epic cooperative action adventure where you collect an army of historical clones and fight to save the world!

Overrun by werewolves, zombies, and sentient cheeseburgers, fight your way through a mall, a long-lost kingdom of Hobos, and a secret government bunker. Collect characters like Abraham Lincoln, Nikola Tesla, Joan of Arc and many more to help you in your quest.

Key Features:

-Intense Action Arcade Game Play: Fast-paced combat. A wide variety of characters and abilities to unlock and upgrade. Vast and strange worlds to explore. Treasure to gather. And dancing... COMBAT DANCING.
-Collect Tons of Playable Characters: With a dozen Heroes to unleash, you'll wish you'd paid closer attention in history class! Discover and unlock new characters as you fight your way through the game. Upgrade and enhance your favorites to create a finely-tuned fighting force!
-Three Player Co-Op: Don't be a clone alone! Fight alongside other players in team-ups of HISTORIC PROPORTION!

Your goal in Second Chance Heroes is to collect and train a small army of historical clones. Each one you add gives you new options as you approach a new level or battle. And remember, with character tag teaming you can always have two clones on hand in any given situation.

Supported devices:

-iPad 2, 3, 4 and Air.
-iPhone 4S, 5, 5S and 5C
-iPod Touch 5th Gen

If you have any issues with the game, please email us support@rocketcitystudios.com and we'll look into it.
03-15-2015, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Hilarious developers removed this game from Steam and iTunes. I'm guessing the ps4 version was scrapped as well, bravo.
Seems more sad than hilarious. Their website is down too, so I'm guessing they've gone out of business.
03-16-2015, 01:05 AM
With all the IAP available in the game i bet they couldve easily switched to freemium, add ads with an ad remover IAP, and keep the game up on the appstore. I believe that could work since the game is pretty good, but has a lot of IAP shenanigans going on if i remember correctly.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

03-16-2015, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
With all the IAP available in the game i bet they couldve easily switched to freemium, add ads with an ad remover IAP, and keep the game up on the appstore. I believe that could work since the game is pretty good, but has a lot of IAP shenanigans going on if i remember correctly.
No "shenanigans" that I remember, just a very straightforward setup where you could buy additional heroes. Maybe if the base price had been free instead of $1 it might have done better, but that's far from guaranteed.
03-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
No "shenanigans" that I remember, just a very straightforward setup where you could buy additional heroes. Maybe if the base price had been free instead of $1 it might have done better, but that's far from guaranteed.
Im pretty sure internet connection was required, and the IAP is for the secondary currency which is used to buy the heroes which means they cant be restored.

The core gameplay was pretty solid though..
03-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im pretty sure internet connection was required, and the IAP is for the secondary currency which is used to buy the heroes which means they cant be restored.

The core gameplay was pretty solid though..
It definitely did not require an internet connection when it first came out, so unless they added that requirement later I don't think that's correct.

I do agree about preferring permanently unlockable content, but so many other successful iOS games work the same way that I seriously doubt that has anything to do with this game's lack of success. I just think most iOS consumers don't think that hard about the long term value of their purchases.

Also, now that I think of it, the game actually was free when it first came out, and they switched to charging a buck after a while when it didn't do well for free. So the fact that it wasn't free isn't why it didn't do well either. I guess it just didn't appeal to large enough number of people, or maybe they didn't market it well enough.
03-16-2015, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
It definitely did not require an internet connection when it first came out, so unless they added that requirement later I don't think that's correct.

I do agree about preferring permanently unlockable content, but so many other successful iOS games work the same way that I seriously doubt that has anything to do with this game's lack of success. I just think most iOS consumers don't think that hard about the long term value of their purchases.

Also, now that I think of it, the game actually was free when it first came out, and they switched to charging a buck after a while when it didn't do well for free. So the fact that it wasn't free isn't why it didn't do well either. I guess it just didn't appeal to large enough number of people, or maybe they didn't market it well enough.
Yeah. In the end it's pretty sad to see a game of its quality fall into the void.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
03-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Originally the developers were just shutting down the servers, so you can't play online anymore( never saw anyone online, anyway, and I'm not the only one). Around the time they announced it people were not able to buy the game in steam anymore and this happened around the same time as it being taken down from the AppStore.
03-16-2015, 05:40 PM
That's a bummer, I downloaded this and forgot to play it. Now it's not even in purchase history. I guess purchase history doesn't save everything. That actually worries me about the other games I have in there. Now I need to buy a new EXHD to back up all my itunes games..?

Gamecenter ID: Raidriar // VainGlory: GodKing // Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: Mikasa
03-16-2015, 06:18 PM
I saw someone somewhere on this site say that if a purchased game is removed from the store it's still in your purchase history, but if the developer is no longer on the store then their games even vanish from there.
So purchase history doesn't quite work, then. 😕

Last edited by Intendro; 03-16-2015 at 06:21 PM.
03-16-2015, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intendro View Post
I saw someone somewhere on this site say that if a purchased game is removed from the store it's still in your purchase history, but if the developer is no longer on the store then their games even vanish from there.
So purchase history doesn't quite work, then. 😕
Yup, the only real way to be sure you still own your games is to keep them backed up in iTunes. For people who don't have a computer that's not an option though. And even if you have a backup, you never know when a new iOS version will break it. Bottom line, unlike console or PC games, you can't assume you'll have iOS games long term.