App description: ** Winner of Apple Design Award 2014 **

A surreal thriller in which the written word is your map, as well as your narrator.

DEVICE 6 plays with the conventions of games and literature, entwines story with geography and blends puzzle and novella, to draw players into an intriguing mystery of technology and neuroscience.

Anna wakes up in a castle on a remote island, with little recollection of how she got there. All she remembers is an unusually unpleasant doll.

Why are there two identical castles on the island? Who is the mysterious man in the bowler hat? And above all, what is the purpose of the tests Anna is put through?

Read, listen and peek into three-dimensional photographs to solve the bizarre mysteries of DEVICE 6.

"DEVICE 6 is designed to linger in the mind long after the last code has been cracked and the last sentence read. Spy stories - even traditional ones - often haunt their readers' dreams once they've been completed. It's only appropriate, really. Is that a final full-stop or a microdot? Is this the end of the affair or an invitation to go deeper?"
Eurogamer - 9/10

"In using its text both as narrative and as geography and through its impressively restrained use of illustration and sound it generates an almost unrivalled sense of place. It isnt embarrassed to allow Device 6 to be a game when it needs to be, and yet it knows precisely when to let the story take over. The result is a sharp, striking mystery that is at once provocative, extraordinarily stylish and altogether essential"
EDGE - 9/10

"In turning a text adventure into a world map, Simogo has resurrected a long-dead genre with style and confidence. Great presentation and brilliant puzzles complete a stellar package"
Pocketgamer 9/10

"Ever exceeding expectations, the developer has followed up one of 2013s highlights with another title that can be classed as such. With a compelling story that keeps you guessing, and a pin-point utilisation of the platform, Device 6 is an accomplishment in games design, mobile or otherwise"
God is a Geek - 9/10

"DEVICE 6 not only explores the boundaries of narrative storytelling, it also demonstrates the creative potential of touchscreen gaming"
Appspy 5/5

"Simogos doing something few others are doing, and its wonderful that someone is both providing great experiences and testing the limits of interactive media"
148apps - 5/5

"An ingenious slice of puzzling adventure that's as imaginative as it is stylish"
Modojo - 4.5/5
12-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
I've had device 6 since it came out, but never played it (I do that too often).

Is there any way to pause it and continue it later ?
If I need to reboot my iPad mini, the progress is lost.
You should be able to back up your game save via iFunBox.
01-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Don't know if the Simogo developers are on TA, but congratulations on Device 6 being among the IGF Finalists in Excellence In Visual Arts, In Narrative, and In Audio, an Honorable Mention for Excellence In Design, and as one of the Grand Prize winners

Last edited by Bronxsta; 01-07-2014 at 11:57 AM.

02-12-2014, 05:20 AM
So this got nominated for 3 BAFTA's

-Best Mobile Game
-Best Artistic Achievement
-Best Audio Achievement

http://awards.bafta.org/award/2014/games

Congrats to the guys at Simogo

I can has more Super Hexagon/Boson X-esque games?
05-07-2014, 09:07 PM
Just bought/played/finished Device 6. Wow. That's going to mess with me for a little while. Really impressive and creative, though. Props to Simogo for going waaaaaay outside the box. 5 stars!

GC: Jerutix -- Love and Peace to all!
05-27-2014, 09:41 AM
I can't get past the first bit still. I have the number and now I'm stuck. I suck at puzzles. Spoiler free hint would help.
07-05-2014, 12:21 PM
I know I'm late I had it since release but just completed so I'm a little confused! What happens to Anna? I just don't get it? Any help!
10-02-2014, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
I know I'm late I had it since release but just completed so I'm a little confused! What happens to Anna? I just don't get it? Any help!
People who refuse to conform to HAT will be eliminated.

Last edited by xzeldax3; 10-02-2014 at 05:35 AM.
10-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzeldax3 View Post
People who refuse to conform to HAT will be eliminated.
You gotta be kidding me! Really!!!
10-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity89 View Post
You gotta be kidding me! Really!!!
it's very confusing but such a brilliant game, I didn't realise until I played a second time through that you are not playing as Anna, but the person who will enter the island after Anna. You watch Anna's experience and she is killed.
It is then your turn to enter the island. Notice how at the end, conveniently the only thing you can buy is the doll. By taking the doll you enter the island just like how Anna wakes up with the doll at the beginning. Anna says she recognises it all and the whole experience is familiar in some way. This is because she watched the person before her play though it just like you are watching Anna. Everything that happen to Anna will happen to you. You may have already picked this all up and I may be wrong about it all but thought it was great either way. Noticeable ever since you didn't have the same player # as Anna, she is player #248 yet you are always greeted as player #249

Last edited by AlexsIpad; 10-02-2014 at 05:02 PM.
04-07-2015, 04:47 AM
Finished Year Walk yesterday and now I just completed this. I must say that Year Walk was a far superior game. I did enjoy this one but no where near as much as Year Walk. I found the story of this one a little too far fetched. I did love all of the creepy stuff and the puzzles were pretty good.