★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch

01-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Latest nintendo direct was public... maybe they forgot to hide the link or make it private?

Dark Souls Remastered this May, then upcoming TWEWY Switch (only said 2018) will have new control schemes, which i think may include motion controls.

Unsure if linking out to nintendo direct is allowed here. Feel free to delete if it isnt.

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-12-2018, 05:47 AM
Never played a Dark Souls game, so I'm really interested in that. Mario Tennis Aces and, especially, Kirby All Stars look amazing. And I am thrilled to get a chance to play Ys VIII.

Very happy with the Nintendo Direct, overall. Fe and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze are also on my radar, and Pokken keeps looking more and more interesting.

I absolutely love The World Ends With You to bits, but not sure I'd double-dip. The iOS version is incredible anyway.

2018 GOTY nominations: You're joking, right? I'm still playing games I got in 2015...
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589
01-14-2018, 01:33 PM
yup. Im actually triple dipping on TWEWY. TWEWY was gimmicks galore back on the DS and they made it work somehow, and the iOS version had some mechanics removed, and most were changed into more traditional touch options.

On Switch, i hope these skills get back into being "gimmicky" by being replaced by motion controls instead. Not too much, but a bit of gesture controls thrown in the mix would be awesome.

I have seen my friends play Dark Souls, but havent played it myself yet, so this'll be my first Drk Souls experience, and i am prepared to die a lot here.

Im also getting either DK or Kirby but not both (yet). Leaning towards Kirby for the local multiplayer where we can play with the kids.

Fe and Hyrule Warriors looks amazing, but im not making a huge backlog on the switch like i did on iOS. LOL

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
01-15-2018, 05:57 PM
I spilt a little bit of coffee on my lap just now when i made a little chair jump when i found out the news that Saturday Morning RPG is coming to the switch this spring.

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/01/1...or-the-switch/

Today, 05:55 AM
We haven't made any noise about this yet, but we're making Zen Bound 2 for the Switch. Should we succeed, the plan is for visual upgrades, 5.1 audio, and new control schemes. I would not call it a port, or a remaster... an adaptation perhaps?