Pocketgamer seems to lurk on this site

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by leonard_dabinski, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Everytime I read something "hot" that can actually only be found on TA, within an hour I can expect to see news about it on Pocketgamer.

Are my suspicions unfounded? If it is true, shouldn't PG acknowledge the TA forum as their source?

2. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Couldn't it be that both sites get the information and TA is quicker to report it?

3. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    No I mean from the forums. Like today the new SE game. Saw it here (must be some good detective work) then suddenly its on PG. Happens all too often..

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Um they had more info on it then TA

5. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    I guess maybe it'd be nice of them to give credit but I don't think it's really a huge deal. It'd also be bad for business as they'd basically be admitting that TA gets news quicker repeatedly.

Could also be that some TA users are also pocket gamer users and they report the info there.

Still doesn't mean anything though. They could have other sources too.

6. McBacon

McBacon Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Hello! I'm Mark Brown, deputy editor of Pocket Gamer

Yes, we do use Touch Arcade Forums as a source for news stories. But, we make sure to give credit when it's due. Here are some recent examples:

Overkill 2
    Hundreds solutions
    Joe Danger release date

But, the forum is just one of our sources. We have loads of places to find stories and leads, plus developers often send their stuff directly to us.

Thanks for reading the site!

Mark