Is anyone up to talk about Jonathan Blow's The Witness?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kimchisoju, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    #1 Kimchisoju, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    After all, it's coming to ios very soon
    Via their twitter, they released an image and on the lower rubg and to the left is the witness logo for the game

2. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    I didn't see anything on Twitter...

3. SuperLobster

SuperLobster Member

May 21, 2016
    Picked it up on PS4 but never seem to have the time to play. But, mobile gaming allows me a lot more freedom so I will more than likely grab it for my phone.

4. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    @AppStoreGames

Thats the twitter handle and the post is a video where they say " the partys almost over but we will keep celebrating and under it a video plays showing all rhe games, launched and waiting to be launched together

5. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I like the Witness. If you aren't really into puzzle games, I'd probably avoid it. It requires a certain amount of persistence. It's one of those games that some will love and others just won't get.

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I am waiting for this game since it's first was anounced, I loved Braid, played it on my 360 when I still was in my console days ha ha, I finished it, awesome stuff, think The Witness is even more fun, it's nice that I can play it on my Pro now, must look awesome on the Pro.

7. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    #7 DonnyDJ76, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    This received a 10 on IGN for the PS4. It is one of the greatest indie titles available. I don't regret purchasing one bit. It's about 3 gigs or so uninstalled, so if you love critically acclaimed and innovative puzzlers, get your device ready and free up a little memory. You'll dive into this one for hours. I'm interested to see the pricing model and file size on iOS.

8. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Roger, Braid is obviously another superb classic but the hugest difference is that Braid is meant to be finished in a much shorter time and the difficulty is significantly lower, for better or worse. Completionists will spend many hours on the Witness and the puzzles are solved by learning from other puzzles. It sounds weird but any die hard puzzle fan will probably gobble this one up.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It looks like the Sunday release was 1Button's Trilogic. Not sure what that means for The Witness, but I sincerely hope it comes out sooner than later. :(

10. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    I heard it will be iPad only.

11. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Is it coming today or tommorow, can't hold it any longer, I am waiting for years for this game to come out on IOS, hope it lives up to the hype.

12. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    TA wrote an article on the front page. It's not coming. That picture was cause it released on mac