iPad Corpse Party (by 5pb.Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Aug 13, 2014.

1. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Yes. It was fine the second time though.

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    Thanks again, Sherlock. You've been more helpful than 5pb Games themselves. :p

3. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Glad to be helpful :)

4. pkMinhas

pkMinhas Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Software development
    India
    Game Impressions

Started off nice & then I encountered walls & walls of text.
    There is a lot of dialogue in this game. And the controls are a bit clunky. The player moves too fast, gets stuck in geometry very easily.
    But, I like the premise & hope that I don't get bored by the lengthy dialogues.

5. farjo08

farjo08 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Just an FYI for those currently playing or considering purchasing this, it appears that Chapter 5 is unplayable in the current version.

Without spoiling it, there is to be a reveal in the beginning of the chapter, very near the beginning, after the intro, which only results in a black screen. I see from a few reviews others have encountered this as well so I don't think it's device/iOS specific.

So you can fully complete the first 4 chapters, obtain all tags, get all alternate endings and complete the first 4 Extra chapters. But then you're stuck (the last 6 Extra chapters unlock through various chapter 5 playthroughs).

Otherwise I had not encountered any problems playing it. Never played it before but really enjoyed it and like these types of games. Controls could be improved upon and of course native iPad (retina) support would be a bonus.

6. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    This game has been on my wish list for almost two years and I finally got it today :)
    Very interesting game can't wait to dive in later when I have free time for it!

7. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Just saw your post about this on the White Day thread, Dailon. Please give your imps on Corpse Party when you've had a chance to play it! I'd love to know if all those bugs have fixed over the past two years.

8. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    This is great so far and ive only played an hour and a half!
    Really enjoying this! It is expensive as far as ios goes and it actually the most ive ever spent on a mobile title, but i cant see it going on sale any time so i thought just go for it. Glad i did, as i was on the fence but Shaun kindly pointed out bugs ere fixed that gave it a low ta score, also the black borders are fine as im playing on ipad air 2.

9. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Was feeling in a Halloweeny mood, so just fired this up today. Love it. Very early on, but it has fantastic production values, with great voice acting and an excellent spooky setup.

10. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    you should get the 3ds port it's out now in NA region
    i'm playing it right now

11. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    It's late. Everyone else is in bed. Time to fire up Corpse Party!

...and then time to shut it down again.

I think I might have to play the next chapter in daylight hours....

Great game.

12. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Lol just fired it upmyself after completing the best ios horror of all time, white day the school

13. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Just purchased this again on my 3ds, so far cant see any real differences? But then again i never completed it!

14. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Still working on it myself. What I've played so far though is tremendous. Bags of atmosphere. I've got White Day too, but this is a little easier to just pick up and play - although you need to set aside a chunk of time just to get through the set pieces.

15. Alexythimia23

Dec 26, 2012
    Omg white day! Such an underrated gem of a horror on ios, it got no where near as much love as it should, if you have not played it, man its a scary game and the replay value is fantastic!

16. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Finished this just now - got all those endings. Admittedly, I hugged a walkthrough for comfort for most of chapter 5 - it is a cruelly long chapter to keep replaying to work out where you went wrong otherwise. But an excellent experience, truly creepy at times, some really nasty alternate endings and a great script. The stereo sound, from the Japanese voice acting to the music to the sound effects, is especially good.

Really picqued my interest for more visual novels. Steins;Gate is next on my list...

17. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Great to hear, Orangutan! Just grab both today, Corpse Party and Steins.

Have you ever played Ace Attorney? Great visual novel-like. If only we got an English version of Danganronpa... And Persona 4 Golden (not visual novel, but...).

18. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, really liked the first Ace Attorney, but only quite liked the second one. However, I've since heard that AA2 is the weakest in the whole series, so I will definitely get the third one.

19. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    You must play Trials and Tribulations, then! It is awesome and finish the Fey Saga on a high note. It is my favorite of the bunch and has a devilish villain.

Godot, the new prosecutor, is just AWESOME!

20. Kallizm

Kallizm Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    e-Learning Designer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Woohoo for the sale today! Finally going to pull the trigger after following this game for like 2+ years.