Thoughts on latest Nokia phones?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Oceraux, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Just saw the commercial showcasing the phone Nokia Asha 501. It probably convinced me to buy it because of its looks and its features. Nokia Lumias are the leading products now in the Nokia industry, but still it doesn't get any kind of "big" attention like how people go crazy for the iPhone 5. I wanna shout out to people that Nokia is still alive and still kicking-ass, the Asha 501 is pretty cool and worth the buy.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Nokia Labs are good too, they produce some really good and useful apps for free.

3. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    My first phone was a Nokia something don't really remember. It had a 5 pixel camera touch and a very good features but when my brother got an iPhone 4 I was kind of feeling inferior. So I sold it and got an iPhone 5.
    Nokia made a lot of good phone in the past my father still use a Nokia phone but they are making what people want. The kind of experience you have on a iPhone or an android. But if you ask me they still very affordable. You can have a lot of good features (not the best) in a good price!

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Just don't like them they look like toys or possibly have been designed for women to me, doesn't help at all they have no apps and the worst phone OS going.

Last decent phone I think Nokia made was the N95.

5. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    I don't like you.

It's not about the number of apps dude, it's about the quality of the phone, the overall. Those Lumia and Asha phones are even better than N95. I bet you still didn't try using those phones yet.

6. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The people of Salo, Finland would like a word with you. ;)

7. handofendowment

handofendowment New Member

Aug 13, 2013
    I think Nokia phones are interesting. They always have good design, but they're lacking spec wise. They've been trying to focus on making the phones into great cameras, but they haven't taken enough of a technological step to do so. Sure they have 40MP sensors, but why not just make them compatible with great lenses.

8. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Nah. I basically have a Nokia for contacting people and some other things ('cause my iPhone 3GS resting in peace now). It is very affordable and very unique design, just love the way it looks.

9. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    They handle well, but then buying a Lumia was a deliberate decision in not being a brand boy.

Sony for console
    Nokia/Microsoft for phone
    Apple for tablet
    A mongrel for a PC

Suits me fine, most things work together in one way or another. Platform for purpose, not logo.

10. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Absolutely agree with you. Samsung has ultimately no innovation in terms of interface 'cause it still looks like Apple with smaller icons and stuff.

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    IOS seems to be the one copying Android

[​IMG]

12. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    OK my bad lol, I just love apple for tablets.

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Nah, I don't agree. I got a Lumia for my daughter, but I wouldn't want one for myself. I prefer Samsung products to that any day hardware-wise. I'd also prefer my old iPhone 4 over anything Nokia. Right now I really like my Note ll. As far as tablets go, I love my IPad 4 with 128 GB and I wouldn't own any other tablet. Just sayin' that's the way I roll at this point.

14. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    You're a VERY RICH man. VERY VERY. You've got an old iPhone 4, Galaxy Note 2, iPad 4 with one-hundred-twenty-eight geebee, and you've got a Lumia for your daughter? How did you get all of them?

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I'm lucky to have a very good job and can afford to buy all the toys I want! Also, a very understanding wife who puts up with my immaturity, if you will. (Had to squeeze that in. Know what I'm sayin'?) :D

16. Oceraux

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Well if I had a sweet iPad 4 128gb, I would have a crapload of games. Curse 16gb, man.