Rolando-Getting Past the Big Black Monster-Thingy

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by McGill, Dec 22, 2008.

1. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    I'm sorry...i know i saw this posted somewhere but i can't find it anywhere. I think it was in another thread with some other topic.

How do you get past the big black monster thingy on the Altitude Adventure in Rolando?

2. razorianfly

razorianfly Well-Known Member

I used the royal sticky solider to stick to and roll around the clumps of land above him. This way, I avoided him completely - although if I remember correctly, you have to collect diamonds which are preetay near him on that level, so maybe that's not the way to go about things. :rolleyes:

R-Fly

3. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Right. I can do that much, but do you have to have the Rolandos jump over him? I think it's too big.

4. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    #4 Spindler, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
    Roll over the platforms above him.
    You only need to do it once, so you can open the gate for the others.

5. daniglue

daniglue Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Right, you have to jump him.

My gf stuck in the same point and she gave me her iphone.
    I could pass the monster with 2 tries; you just have to give the *JUMP THING* (don't know the name in English) the appropriate strenght.

Try to drag it downer or upper and you can see the different "levels" of strenght.

Wicked.

6. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    If you roll the small Rolando's REALLY fast, you can roll them straight through the large shadow creature!

Oh - you can't?

From quickly looking at the level, I think you can also use the normal Rolando's to jump over the floating islands. Start to the right of the first island, on the lower side (to the right of the red gateway). Once you have two Rolando's on the other side, you can get them underground and use the red buttons (turn them green) to open the red gate for the other two Rolando's. Hope this helps. :)

7. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Wait, isn't there a catapult? I thought that's what I used... maybe I'm thinking of a different level... but there's a catapult on the opposite side of the level.

8. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    You're thinking of a later level.

9. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Got it, & Rolling on!

Thanks all...

10. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Ah, okay.

11. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    yeah you just get the commando over, then send one more regular rolando and then open the hatch for the rest to roll down, be sure to collect the diamonds the first time with the commando

12. Armbruster

Armbruster Well-Known Member

If you think that was hard- wait 'till you get to the end of Rolando Central / Shadowland. It gets really intense.