Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 05-17-2013, 06:46 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Yeah, I grabbed the remainder of the Codito games that I didn't have, but probably won't attempt to learn them right away. I'm still trying to make sense of Eclipse and would rather not muddle that up, but I couldn't pass on grabbing them for .99 a piece.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:34 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflipp View Post
Carcassonne?
QFT!

I am a late arrival to Carcassonne, and bought Ascension and Tigris & Euphrates way, way before Carcasonne. However, Carcassonne is for my money the perfect intro Euro game (replacing Settlers of Catan); although the deeper strategy doesn't immediately reveal itself - easy to learn, hard to master and all that.

Carcassonne is much more penetrable than Tigris. The latter is a very deep game and can be somewhat oblique until you get your head around the subtle differences between an internal and external revolt, and how both are triggered. Both also feature ways to screw over your opponent(s) - although Tigris is the more confrontational of the two.

In terms of app design, polish and options, none come close to Coding Monkey's superlative adaptation of Carcassonne. The multiplayer invite and messaging system is elegant and a joy to behold.

In terms of WWII strategy war games, I've heard very good things about Battle of the Bulge [BotB].

Whatever you decide to play, async multiplay is the killer feature. Even if it did cause me to utter an expletive and hurl my iPad across my coffee table whilst playing Ascension with jnt325 last year
Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

The Stone Age is good and easy to learn ( very difficult to actually win though, even against the computer)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:39 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Carcassonne is as good as it gets.