Universal Deep Loot (by Monster and Monster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 2, 2014.

1. BaronVonMonster

BaronVonMonster Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I know a bunch of you have been dropping us emails and sending us messages on Facebook regarding the update. Thanks for all the info!

It seems there might be a new issue with puffers interfering with the new loot collision system and causing lock-ups. We're going to look into this tomorrow and see what's going on.

I'm also going to double check the Terracotta soldier thing as it's the one item a lot of people can't seem to find at the moment (although last time I checked it was definitely working).

That's all for now. I'll report in after we've investigated the puffer lock-up issue...

2. BaronVonMonster

Oh and whilst I'm here it's unlikely we'll ever make a sequel to Deep Loot but if we ever did...

[​IMG]

;)

3. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    Picked this up a few days ago, pretty cool.
    Anyway, I decided to start with a turbo boost one run, then swam upward (no real reason for that, although I imagine ypu could introduce an achievement for that, haha). However, I never seemed to encounter any locations that way. Not sure if that's weird luck, a bug, or just how the level creation algorithm works?

4. BaronVonMonster

If you swim up you're essentially swimming through the big hole that the boost bell made as it crashed down. It's kinda done like that to help you swim up quickly to areas you might want to explore.

If you swim off to the sides you'll start to see locations and things again :)

5. DeNappa

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    Ah, I see. I think I deviated to the sides as well but maybe not far enough then.
    Anyway, if you ever decide to do a sequel or major update of some sorts it would be pretty cool if the locations you find offered some more interaction (other than the oil rigs and beacons). Like, entering those cool mayan ruins you find for more exploration, actiating some of the statues somehow (so they'll turn into minibosses for example) or unleashing alien fish if you played around with a crashed u.f.o.. And an encounter with a balrog if you mine too deep, of course ;)

6. El Skutto

El Skutto New Member

Feb 26, 2015
    I'm having difficulty locating a particular collection item and it's pushed me to read through all 75 pages of this thread and register an account.

I have done many, many dives and currently have 17 of 25 collections 3-starred, but I cannot for the life of me locate the jukebox despite multiple attempts at various depths. If someone has located it, any hint or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise, this game has quickly become my new addiction, and I'm trying to get as many friends hooked as I can. :)

7. DeNappa

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    If I remember correctly, it's found at/in a location (just like the ark or the black obelisk, for instance). Not sure what depth it's at, though. I found 2 so far...

8. akanaf

akanaf Active Member

May 28, 2011
    Hi! Where I can found gold pearl? I serach on 100m +/-30m I used 9 air tank and I only found 2. Where I must serach?

9. El Skutto

El Skutto New Member

Feb 26, 2015
    They're randomly found in clamshells; there's no set depth. If you have the '83 Classic ship unlocked, equip it and it'll change most chests into clamshells, increasing your odds of finding 5 in a single dive.

10. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Oh yeah! DEEP SPACE LOOT!

11. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

Oh man i would so buy that

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    In my top ten games list. I re downloaded this after I found many people at work were playing. I need more games like this. Pm me if u have a list.

13. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Please tell me this is happening

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Deep Loot is in a league of its own, but id say Mines of Mars, despite a very different game, shares some similarities.

15. BaronVonMonster

Hey all!

Wow, I don't pop on for a while and the Touch Arcade Forums suddenly becomes super swish! Nice. Oh and thanks to all of you who have been helping out those stuck with certain items or unlockable in my absence!

Anyway, sorry for not swinging by for a couple of months. We've been doing lots of boring stuff and trying to keep our bank manager happy by doing a bunch of freelance work in-between prototyping game ideas.

Alas, I can't see Space Loot happening unless the game suddenly makes us a chunk of money :( We could just 'reskin' Deep Loot but we wouldn't be happy with that. If we ever do a sequel we'd like to make sure we're moving forwards with the idea and expand on lots of things we didn't have time or budget for initially.

As for new games...we've got something in the works but it is radically different from Deep Loot and currently more of a 'app/toy/thing' than a game. We settled on a much much smaller project that we might be able to finish in a couple of months rather than couple of years!? This was in part because we need to reboot after working for so long on Deep Loot and in part because we haven't the budget to do a big game at the moment.

Still, this 'thing' might make a handful of people laugh on Touch Arcade so we'll be sure to share new news with you when we have it!

Lastly it looks like we made the BestAppEver - Best Adventure Game shortlist! Wooooo! Thank you to everyone who helped get Deep Loot onto that list earlier in the year. We're up against some amazing games though so we're not expecting to go much further but still, if you feel Deep Loot deserves a vote we would be very appreciative :)

Check out the adventure game shortlist here : http://www.bestappever.com/v/adgm

[​IMG]

16. evilabdy

Yay! The game absolutely deserves to be on that list. It really is one of my favorite games ever

17. evilabdy

Still one of my favorite games ever :)

18. finej

finej New Member

Aug 30, 2015
    help me please

Ok so I have tried and tried to find the first terracotta soldier and I just can't! I have dove nearly 700 times and I can't find him he is the last thing I need! What depth range can I find him please help:mad:

19. number111

number111 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    I just tried to purchase the final air upgrade, but it didn't work, why that's happened
    any fix ? for that problem
    i guess that's a big you should fix devs

20. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Whoever dug this up. Best adventure ever