Three IOS 7 questions

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

1) Did they remove the feature to double tap home to control music? That was so useful.

2) Are we still limited to 8 tabs in Safari?

3) Anyone else having trouble opening the Control Center? Could be because I have a Casemate, but I swipe from the bottom and it takes many times before I get the menu to open

2. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    4) Is auto update enable immediately after installation?

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    1) as far as I can see you can't control your music by double tapping the home button

2) I've tested it a few minutes ago and I had 10 tabs, so I don't know what's exactly the limit

edit: but why asking these question when you have iOS 7 installed? :confused:

4. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    The music controls are inside the Control Center, so it's a swipe away.

I swipe upwards from just below the screen (black part of iPhone 5) and it opens easily. Sliding it back down sometimes takes a couple of attempts. The play / pause button in the Control Center is quite unresponsive though.

5. tzuptzop

tzuptzop Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2013
    this function is v useful, you can swich wifi on/off by just a tap, same with airplane mode
    also the new spotlight search function is much better

6. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Anyone else having issues when you click on an app link and when it takes you to the App Store, alll it shows is a blank white screen?? Have clicked on quite a few app links here on TA with the same result and yes I have iOS 7

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    1. Its on control center now, on the middle.
    2. No, far more.
    3. No, no problem at all, might be your case (I used it as it is, without one)

:)

Same here, takes me to a blank AppStore

8. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    While the music is playing..from the lock screen, one click of home screen brings up the music control instead of double click. :)

I think there's supposedly unlimited tabs in safari now.

So far, love the update. Haven't tried out many games yet so can't comment about compabilities.

9. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Ive hit the tabs limit a few times then again I beta tested as a dev.

I think the limit is around 30 for tabs?

10. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I was ignored D:

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Pretty sure I had to go into settings and then enable the app updates. Could be wrong though. In either case, it didn't automatically start updating the apps the moment iOS 7 was installed so you'll have more than enough time to turn it off if you wish.

12. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Anyone installed ios 7 on an ipad2?

I'm not sure if I should or not.

13. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    In reference to #3 it is probably your case. I have same problem with my griffon survivor. You have to start ALL THE WAY at the bottom of the screen with your finger moving and the it comes up almost instantly. Pointed out to me by a helpful tech at an apple store who sniffed "that is one reason why we recommend not using cases, we like you to have direct contact with our devices". I am sure they also like you replacing them everytime you damage them too!