Wicked World becomes Dub Dash [rhythm based action game]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Incodra, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Incodra

Incodra Well-Known Member

#1 Incodra, Sep 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Hi there!

Our fancy prototype “Wicked World” (previous TA thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=259149) inspired by games like “Impossible Game”, “Geometry Dash” or “Audiosurf" becomes a premium game:

Dub Dash

Here is the official Dub Dash trailer! How do you like it? (Music by Bossfight)

Gameplay Preview (music by Bossfight)

Gameplay / Walkthrough: Flying High with music by JiltedGeneration

Dub Dash Features:
    :D Rhythm-based game; rendering and gameplay in sync with the beat!
    :eek: Fancy, eye-catching spherical rendering with changing perspectives!
    :eek: Breathtaking electronic music (DJs from Geometry Dash and Bossfight)!
    :eek: 3 awesome tracks in the free LITE version!
    :eek: 8 awesome tracks in the FULL version (2 add. tracks already queued for the first update and even more in future…)!
    :cool: 7 catchy gameplay mechanics (JUMP, FLY, RACE, MAZE, FLAPPY, TWIN-JUMP, SAW)!
    :D Practice mode with automatic checkpoints!
    :eek: Localized into 13 languages!
    ;) Full version has no ads and no in-app purchases!

Are you ready for the ultimate challenge?

iOS Release: October 8th!

Stay tuned for more details!

Feel also free to check one of the following sources:
    The official website: www.dubdashgame.com
    The official YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkvXHJDl-ngvlTzxZXMbGQ
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/DubDashGame
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/DubDashGame

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Wow!
    It's been a long wait, but, I am sure it is worth it!

Congratulations Dev, on completing the game.
    The trailer looks good too.

I am super excited to play! :)

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yes, this is looking awesome! Love it! Can't wait to have it! Been waiting a long time for this!
    Making an Android version? :D

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah i love that trailer. this looks good, and tis premium with a free lite version. Lookin dang good.

5. Incodra

Thanks a lot Lavender! Do you really think "long wait"? Come on. It's been just a few months (April / May) that we have started. The prototype was just a 30fps flickering preview Flash version. :( Now it is a smooth 60fps game created with our own engine. :eek: Actually we were really fast. :p But I know what you want to say... well, I also hate waiting... no matter how long. ;)

Thanks bigrand1! Another one who's been waiting. ;) Actually this should be a good sign, right? :D Yes, indeed we do! Android version is scheduled for later this year! We'll provide more information asap.

Thanks Exact-Psience! We also hope that the premium+lite decision is the best way to go. Btw. in the lite version there are already 3 really, really cool tracks. These are already quite challenging! ;)

6. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm definitely getting this as soon as it's out. I love these types of games!

7. Incodra

Thanks coolpepper43! ;)

8. IMBizMan316

IMBizMan316 Active Member

Jun 24, 2015
    This game looks a lot of fun! Is this going to be a F2P?

9. Incodra

Thanks IMBizMan316! As stated above, Dub Dash is going to be a premium game; not F2P. :( But, there will be a FREE lite version containing the very first three tracks of the full version. :eek:

10. weretiger

weretiger Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Gameplay looks insane! In a good way.

11. Incodra

"Insane" is describing Dub Dash pretty good! ;) We'll post some screenshots soon and later also some gameplay videos to better visualise the "insanity" in Dub Dash! :D Thanks so far and stay tuned for more!

12. Incodra

#12 Incodra, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Screenshots: JUMP gameplay mechanic

Here are some screenshots made during the JUMP gameplay mechanic on different tracks:

FlyingHigh01.jpg

MidnightSun01.jpg

AntiHeadache01.jpg

JUMP is only one of the seven :eek: different catchy gameplay mechanics which are often changing while playing Dub Dash. Btw. the environments in Dub Dash are generated procedurally. ;)

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Man, waiting for this makes it seem like October 8th is so far away still! (Just means I can't wait for it!) ;)
    Love the randomly generated levels idea for it!

14. Incodra

:D We'll try to make your waiting time more bearable by posting more images and soon also cool gameplay videos (the very first one should come this weekend :eek:).

Now, let me explain the "procedural part" in more detail: The levels are not generated randomly. The track is designed based on the music and fix, but the surrounding environment is created on-the-fly procedurally (or if you want randomly). This means that you'll hardly get the exactly same screenshot when starting Dub Dash the next time. Perhaps for an "Endless Dub Dash" version :cool: in future, one could also think of making the track procedurally, but this is not that easy. Especially the gameplay could suffer if everything is random. Some kind of "smart randomness" would be needed. ;) This point is on our list of possible future tasks.

15. Incodra

Screenshots: FLY gameplay mechanic

Here are some more screenshots for you showing the FLY gameplay mechanic. Sometimes you fly from left to right and sometimes from right to left. Be prepared! :D Another nice detail: When the background gets very dark your flying wheel with stealth fighter wings changes its color to white. :eek:

Fly_l2r.jpg

Fly_r2l.jpg

Fly_White.jpg

16. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Holy crap. I just looked at the video and pics. Wow. I can't wait. If I could preorder I would. Wow.

Billy

17. Incodra

#17 Incodra, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
    Walkthrough - Level 1 - Flying High by JiltedGeneration

Hi there TouchArcade community!

Here is the first official gameplay video for you: The walkthrough of the level 1 in Dub Dash (all notes collected)! :eek:
    Enjoy and tell us, how do you like it? ;)

Flying High with music by JiltedGeneration

The official website: www.DubDashGame.com
    Dub Dash on Twitter: www.twitter.com/DubDashGame
    Dub Dash on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DubDashGame
    The official Dub Dash YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfkvXHJDl-ngvlTzxZXMbGQ

18. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Where we can listen the music? Soundcloud? YouTube?

19. Incodra

Well, this depends on the music artist. As soon as we reveal the music and the corresponding artists featured in Dub Dash, I can provide you some more information. For now, I can tell you that the music by JiltedGeneration (level 1) can be found on Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com/jilted-generation) or on AudioJungle (http://audiojungle.net/user/jiltedgeneration).

The music in our trailer is made by Bossfight. Here is the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/BossfightSwe

And of course, on the Dub Dash YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfk...-ngvlTzxZXMbGQ) you can listen to the music and watch the videos at the same time. ;)

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I really cannot wait to get my hands on this and do a review. I really can't.

Billy