Best mulitplayer games.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by bromine, Jul 5, 2010.

1. bromine

bromine Member

Jul 5, 2010
    What are your favorite multiplayer games that you play, bluetooth or wifi, sitting across the room with a friend?

2. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Street Fighter 4
    Tap Tap Revenge

3. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    First of all Wrong section, this should be in General Game Discussion and Questions.

Secondly,

Since when does SF4 have Multiplayer? This is the iPhone/iPod Touch we're talking about right?

Also I didn't know Tap Tap did either.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Since it's had Bluetooth multiplayer, as the topic creator stated that is partly what they are asking for. :|

5. legoshoes

legoshoes Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Eliminate
    Exo Planet
    Dominion
    Carcassonne
    and Lightbike.

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I'm glad to see that threads about multiplayer games are allowed on TA again. Possibly because a certain someone isn't around to whine about it.

Anyway, I like HR Battle 3D, Uno, Words With Friends (only have the free version so far but it seems great) and NOVA (although I'm not very good yet. Also just starting to get into BIA2, NFS:S and a few other recent sale games.

Any suggestions for good strategy or sport MP games? Is Carcassone worth the money?

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #7 ArtNJ, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    You should post how many players are online for each game you recommend, because it varies a lot.

Galcon (highly simplified RTS) is a favorite of mine, average online is probably around 15 or so, never trouble getting games.

As for Carcasone, I bought it and am still trying to get over the WTF is this thing I bought stage? Its hard for me, since there are so many games I'm into that dont require one to go through that. Its not a popular opinion, and I may yet love it, but if I could get my money back I would.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    FAST and Flight Control were Bluetooth staples at work for a long time.

Carc is excellent, we also like A4E, Battle Blasters, Nukeball BT, & Labrynth 2.

9. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Wait till Agents! by Fancy Factory comes out, thats gonna blow your socks off....played multiplayer today, my roommate on my ipod and me on our computer....its freaking awesome that we can do that.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Need for Speed: Shift
    X2 Football 2010
    Scrabble
    Flight Control
    Tap Tap Revenge 3

11. rockwilder

rockwilder New Member

Oct 24, 2009
    Carcasone multiplayer

I bought Carcasone once I saw the review here. I was like meh ...ok game, but what's the big deal. After playing a few games, I realize that this is probably the best board game that I've played since chess. You really have to think to beat the better players. It's like jig-saw chess. If you enjoy chess then you'll probably like the game.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dinosmash

Teaming up with your buddies for a 2v2 match on any of gameloft's fps is also very fun, especially if he's in the same room like you said.

13. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Red Conquest! And Strategery

14. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Tons of games have good multiplayer-I don't think Battle Blasters has been mentioned yet-it's great over Bluetooth. The question is, which games need multiplayer the most. SFIV is sorely missing Wifi battles-you'd think that a developer as advanced as Capcom would be able to integrate this, but so far, nothing. LASW, the highly underrated RTS, would become arguably the best mobile game with a multiplayer option. Then again, you have to give props to the developer who took it this far already-one man worked on it for 2 straight years-got to give him credit for that. PES 2010 has no multiplayer whatsoever (neither Bluetooth nor Wifi) which is EXTREMELY disappointing, considering it's the best soccer game on the App Store, and much worse games (FIFA 10) have some form of multiplayer. Finally, if A4ER got Wifi co-op, I would be the happiest man Alive (haha get it? Alive....Alive4Ever....haha I crack myself up :D)

15. bromine

bromine Member

Jul 5, 2010
    #15 bromine, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    original poster.

im lookin for games that I can actually play with a friend, sitting next to each other.

ive been deep into iphone gaming since day one, so I know most of the obvious ones, I just want recommendations based on the games people are Actively playing with their friends.

heres the list of games that im going to try with a friend

alive 4 ever
    dark fighter
    dominion
    doodle kart
    light bike
    nukeball
    pong
    wifi warefare
    flight control
    nova
    ------------
    any to add?

16. Blah

Blah Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Aliver4EverReturns is great for Co-op. So is Cod Zombies.

17. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California

Chess elite and Words with friends are definitely my most played games.

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    nice list.
    catch a game of dark fighter with me too when you get the time xD..

19. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Are there any other games similar to Words With Friends in that you can play over a long span of time and make your move at your leisure?

20. bromine

bromine Member

Jul 5, 2010
    dominion if you like risk

btw, exo-planet is the best game ive ever played.