Quote:
Originally Posted by jkiller1234 View Post
What's the price of this?

Old 11-03-2013, 10:47 PM
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
It's free, my friend.
No, it isn't. These guys didn't pour thousands of hours into this for charity, we aren't children and freemium games are starting to wear out their welcome. Even when a game is damned good I and many others will drop it the instant the whiff of a paywall fills our nostrils. If a game is good enough it will sell, even at a cheeky price like $2.99.

I clicked the forum link, saw "TD office game made by a fellow Canuck" and already wanted it, even though for unfathomable reasons he was too lazy to so much as embed one single screenshot. Then I read 'F2P' and was instantly no longer even curious. The percentage of iOS gamers who have had enough of freemium molestation grows by the day, and we go out of our way to reward devs who "get it".

Last edited by kaibosh; 11-03-2013 at 10:49 PM..
Old 11-04-2013, 01:54 AM

Oh, I'm sorry about it. I've seen other said that the game is free.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:44 AM

From oooooomonkey's post, it's Free to download

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
it's F2P you need currency to aquire tower parts, and either wait for them to be built or hurry them with more currency, etc etc,
Old 11-04-2013, 05:01 AM

very interesting concept, worth a shot for tower defense lovers who always wanted to have the choice of customizing their own towers!

unfortunately i am currently stuck at stage 7, not sure if it's due to me sucking or a "wall" put in place.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

kaibosh: I'm sorry you feel that way. The game was designed with the free-to-play model even before I joined the team. I could complain about "race to the bottom" pricing and discoverability, but I'm sure you've heard it before. I know one thing to help with the latter is to make a great game (even though that's not enough by itself), and we've tried.

Out of curiosity, if we pretend for a moment that it's not F2P, and you got everything up front, how much would you (or anyone else who cares to answer) pay, based on the description/screenshots/trailer?

LudvickVonVangel has now edited the first post to add images. Sorry about that.

valariel: Just to verify, you did create and deploy splash damage towers with the Coffee Pourer (red button), right?

Thanks to everyone who's checked it out so far.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 PM
In Time-Out

I will give some feedback later, thanks for the screenshots they do look quite polished. Indie devs have more of a chance to sell a game for .99 than roping people in with F2P/IAP, paying for a game up front feels like a much better way to say 'nice job' than feeding into a strategy that is generally despised. I know the market is extremely fickle and impossible to predict, all you can do is make a game worth playing and then make sure you are putting it out there. Backflip is a perfect example of how something can go viral even months after a fizzled release.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:19 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

It has been several weeks now. When is this coming out in the US?
Old 01-18-2014, 12:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

We were working things out with a publisher, and the latest I've heard is that it will be out worldwide next week. Sorry for the delay.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:20 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Bought the doubler but it does not work. It lists x2 in the victory screen but my total does not go up by double. I am getting the same amount I got before purchasing it.