Turbo Dismount from Secret Exit

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Frand, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Well, I'm giving up on this game coming out on iOS anytime soon. :( oh well I'll find other games to bide my time until then.

2. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8GoXEOVhbKk

Check out Appspy's hands on. So freaking excited for this....

3. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

A sign of life!

We're closing in on development completion: optimizations are done, game controller support is in (rather nice with Airplay!), video recording and sharing is working... it's all looking pretty good from where we're standing.

Some testing, a couple of small fixes, and perhaps some extra days work for whatever iOS8 requires still to go, but it's not too long now. :)

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yay! :)

5. ZvexFan

ZvexFan New Member

Sep 23, 2014
    Expert
    Verona, WI
    Can't wait any longer!

I'm so pumped for this release. I've supported Stair Dismount from the day I saw it. Purchased every level as they were released without blinking an eye. I hope it's a free download with in app purchases as they develop new levels, vehicles and dudes/dudettes to pummel. Stair Dismount is my go to game after all these years. There's never a dull moment! Bring it!:eek:

6. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's been a long time coming, but here we go :)
    September 25th is our launch date on the App Store! Yeay!

Alright, enough marketing, let's go to some details:

- iPhone6/6+ native support is coming, but not yet in this version.
    - The game officially supports iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod touch 5G and newer. iOS7 or newer required.
    - MFI controllers are supported, and work really nicely with Airplay.
    - On desktop, Steam Workshop provides a backend for user-generated levels. We don’t have that on iOS.
    - iOS version includes support for Everyplay, this is one feature we think should compliment the game very well.

The money stuff:

- First and foremost we’re offering a premium purchase as a $5.99 IAP (with an adaptive price!). This unlocks everything, disables all ads, and saves in price compared to unlocking everything piecemeal. If you’ve made $0.99 IAP purchases, the price of the premium unlock will be adjusted per each.
    - The second option is one-dollar purchases for vehicle and level bundles.
    - Third option is that a user can watch a video to try out a level or a vehicle that is not yet unlocked.

As best we know, the three options above allow for all users to find their preferred way of supporting the game.

Trailer time:

Here's hoping you love our labour of love as much as we do, or more :)

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Awesome! I will be buying the $6 IAP
    immediately. Been not quite patiently awaiting this game on iOS since way back when it was announced. Will this game see the amount of updates and level packs that Stair Dismount received? Man, I am sooooo stoked to finally have this game in the palm of my hand!

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

That's a fair expectation if this game receives the same amount of downloads and paying customers that Stair Dismount did ;)

(It's actually really nice that Turbo Dismount is built on Unity, it does make expanding the game quite a bit easier than working with the code base and tools of Stair Dismount, which have been stretched quite far from the original scope.)

9. Back2funk

Back2funk Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2010
    England
    If that trailer does not sell you a few million copies then this is a world I no longer want to be part of.

Absolutely chomping at the bit to get my hands on this :) the pricing structure seems well thought out so hopefully you'll get rewarded for what looks to be a guaranteed hit.

10. I can't wait for tonight. Not only is it awesome this game is out, but there's a fixed price point I can get the entire game with. Guarenteed purchase already

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    So is this going to be a worldwide release tonight? I am asking as it hasn't shown up in the NZ store yet.

12. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Propagating through the intertubes now :)

Turbo Dismount®

Secret Exit Ltd.
    *** The legendary crash simulator is now on iOS! *** Perform death-defying motor stunts, crash into walls, create traff…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *** The legendary crash simulator is now on iOS! *** Perform death-defying motor stunts, crash into walls, create traffic pile-ups of epic scale! Turbo Dismount® is a kinetic tragedy about Mr. Dismount and the cars who love him. It is the official sequel to the wildly popular and immensely successful personal impact simulator - Stair Dismount®. FEATURES: * Flinch-inducing crash physics * Crunchy sound effects * Delicious slow-mo replay system * Multiple vehicles: cars, trucks, construction vehicles, a skateboard... * Multiple levels, obstacle types and characters * Tweak levels to your liking! * Customize your character and the vehicles with your own photos! * Game controller support! * Game Center leaderboards and achievements Turbo Dismount is the most convincing vehicular personal impact simulation seen on the App Store! Follow Mr. Dismount on facebook.com/MrDismount Follow Secret Exit on Twitter: twitter.com/secretexit Dismounting (turbocharged or regular) is not to be attempted at home or outside, and should be left to trained professionals. Secret Exit does not recommend or condone dismount attempts outside 3D computer simulations.
    Information
    Seller:Secret Exit Ltd.
    Genre:Action, Simulation
    Release:Sep 24, 2014
    Updated:Sep 02, 2022
    Version:1.34.1
    Size:337.7 MB
    User Rating: (19)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #34 rIcHrAnDoM, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
    Oh thank god, I thought something had went afoul ;)

Got it, downloading now...what a glorious day!

14. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    The iTunes page is already active here in the US BUT if you try to install/buy the game you're told it is no longer available.

15. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Give it time. Server propagation is modern shamanism. :)

16. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Hey Frand

So excited for this, as you may remember I am a longtime fan of you guys.
    Hope for another zen bound!!!

Not sure if you guys noticed, but the icon looks really jaggy. I'm viewing it on my ipad 4 next to the old icon, here is a pic
    (Not as easy to see in the photo as it is on the retina display)

[​IMG]

17. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Heya! Good to see old timers still roam the forums.
    Yes, we'll fix the darn icon. Couldn't let first release be perfect, could we? :D