Universal 100 Rogues (By Fusion Reactions)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, May 4, 2010.

1. Jyankee30

Jyankee30 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    New York
    Since you would be running it on a 3gs, if you have efficient memory and you restart your device as soon as its downloaded you should be bug free or at least have bugs at a minimum. I say go for it because it is a grand game and it will get better.

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Sounds good, thanks for the honest answer!

To Jyankee30: Hrm, I might give it a shot even at 1.0.2 if I finish the current roguelike I"m playing (called Cavern, actually really fun). Thanks for the input!

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't think it needs to be pulled, people are loving it. If you're not then tough, buy yourself some patience and wait a while.

4. keithburgun

keithburgun Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Game Design, Author
    Westchester, NY
    1.03 is in the works now - we're gonna take our time a bit more with this one and really make 150% sure that nothing breaks with our fixes.

5. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    100R won't be on my device for "...we're 200% sure 1.0.4 will do the trick". I'm deleting this disappointment if 1.0.3 fails. I'm not in the mood to put up with more severe problems when further content additions are released.

1.0 broken
    1.0.1 broken
    1.0.2 broken
    1.0.3 fixed? (let's assume...)
    1.1 new character! ... broken?
    1.1.1 broken?
    etc etc etc.......

6. Jyankee30

Jyankee30 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    New York
    Why are you such a sour ass? Cut the devs some slack...its a good game and they've been actually working on it rather than give us empty promises of "we'll update it soon", as it is now it is much better than it was first released.

7. WesPaugh

WesPaugh Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    The Software Developer, 100 Rogues
    Rochester, NY
    As the developer, I feel my shortcomings and failures are nothing to be glossed over or ignored. I've released a game that does not work in its entirety, and people have the right to complain.

By all means, flame on.

That I'll continue working on it is all I can promise.

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Well, for every person that is disappointed in this game I can assure you that there is someone else that loves it.

I own over 600 games for the iphone/ipad and I would put 100 Rogues in my top 10.

9. ataloss

ataloss Well-Known Member

Hey, Wes

...just wanted to chime in here - this game is clearly a labour of love and, as such, I really enjoy it too. Regardless of what's happened, if so much time has been put into getting it "out there", I know an equal amount of time (and more :D) will be put into giving it the glory it deserves! :rolleyes:

..in other words, it rocks!

10. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Wouldn't you call promises of bugfixes that wind up ineffective "empty"?

My point: when they get around to adding content (new characters) - I'd suggest not updating until all the issues are sorted out. Or just drop the game and save the heartache.

11. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Ah, figured it out - it's a feature, not a bug :) Excellent!

12. CommanderData

CommanderData Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I can say that Wes is still working at it and examining many aspects of his code, based on the PM received today.

This has been my second opportunity to share some information and iPhone programming concepts with the 100 Rogues team to help them out. Of course in the end it comes down to Wes and company putting my recommendations into code and delivering the goods, but I felt it was important to point out that they are trying to make things right.

Disappointment in the current state of the game is understandable, and I think that they are doing the right thing by trying to ensure the next update really counts.

Wes- my feedback to you exceeds the 5,000 character limit of private messages. :eek: PM me with your preferred e-mail address and I'll get my response over to you ASAP. ;)

13. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009

thanks CD

I don't mean to salt anyones wounds
    mine are pretty salty as it is... :(

14. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I'm sorry if this was already brought up, but...

When you beat (or fail, but in a way that doesn't end with you dying) a Challenge, there's a Continue option on the main menu. It forces you, rather buggily, into the third level (since, based on what I can see in Challenge mode, that's where the challenges "are") with stats based on what challenge you came from. This has been happening since before this patch. After the patch, it doesn't seem to force you into the walls like it used to, but it's still an odd bug. One random thing I've noticed about it is that when you hit Continue in this situation, sometimes it'll show the wrong character's loading bar.

Anyway, I'm loving the game, even with the bugs. I can't wait for it to improve, but I'm having fun right now anyway. :)

15. casualty

casualty Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    ??? Really? I've been trying to figure out why I go into negatives... is it acid?

16. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    In 1.02, I'd expect beetles to be getting people's armor down to about -30 until a few turns after combat with them ended. If you're unlucky enough to have been surrounded on all sides, it should be possible to have armor as low as -72 until the effect wears off. The suckiness of this is going to be reduced for 1.03, but if people are seeing armor values lower than that, let me know, please.

17. Tommi654

Tommi654 Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2009
    i think i found a little bug:

when wearing the "Dagger of Magic" ("Deals Magical damage, which bypasses enemy Armor") and attacking a beetle (high armor), my crusader is still only inflicting 2,3 or 4 damage like with a normal dagger on an armored enemy!

so this cool item seems to be useless

This happened in two different games. Shouldn't it deal the damage a normal dagger deals to normal enemies like bandits (in the early stages a damage of 7,8,9)?

Happened this to anyone else?

18. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    It's supposed to be dealing around 80% of normal damage, only magic damage instead of physical. It's possible that some of the values are off. I'll double-check that this morning.

19. WesPaugh

May 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Found the problem, and it was a quick one to fix. Expect it fixed for 1.03.

20. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I could argue either side of this... but to be fair this happens a lot with software. Yes there are a quite a few on this game, but it isn't the buggiest game that I have seen released. Heck I bought Red Dead Redemption for the 360 last night and the game has crashed 3 times and is riddled with bugs. That was a $60 game released with a great deal of advertising and a large budget.

I am not saying it is right, but if you have been playing video games for a while, you would see that this isn't new. We are unfortunate enough that with 100 Rogues, you can see the quality of the game play from a very little amount of exposure and then it gets ripped away by a game restarting glitch.