Most Improved Game? Which Game Improved The Most With Game Updates?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jun 30, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #1 wikoogle, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    I have one nomination...

Quantum Collapse - It started off as an extremely solid RTS with some small flaws/issues. But it's first update added so much to the game. Skirmish mode with 3 AI personalities, tons of options, 11 maps, unit selection, group assignment, minimap use, updated performance, typos and lettering fixed. It really is an astounding amount of improvement in just one update.

Can you think of any other game that deserves to be nominated as most improved?

2. CioCio

CioCio Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    3-D Vector Ball. The developer has really done a nice job with this game, it was one of the first apps I bought a year ago when I got the 3G and I really didn't care much for it then. The area to move the paddle around was too big so you could never seem to get to those corners where the ball goes, you could only move it through tilting (very clunky then for the previous reason), and you couldn't really do much physics-wise with the ball like you can with the online version. Since then the developer has shrunk the arena size, added more realistic physics so you can put real spin on the ball, improved the game's overall aesthetic and look, and added an option for controlling the paddle with your finger - among various other improvements like a much better-looking interface. I actually quite enjoy the game now for whenever I want a little proven gaming fun.

Kudos to them for the work they put into making it a quality app.

3. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Fieldrunners.

It was so limited at first. I was one of the people that bought it when it only had 1 map and 2 modes. The game has evolved significantly and for the better.

4. crj3803

crj3803 Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    x-plane 9

all versions of x-plane with 10 updated including new content like more planes, scenery, features, more apps, etc.

5. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Pocket God - not really a game, but gotta admit, they took a boring app that had nearly nothing but 1-star reviews (and nevertheless, I bought it :D), and turned it into an app that's been in the top 10 for weeks.

Spawn Illuminati - ok, still not a game, but they've added a ton of features and a much nicer looking GUI. Kudos to them.

iDracula - went from having one arena, a good amount of weapons, and two modes, to 3 arenas, 5 modes, and even more weapons (correct me if I'm wrong on any of this).

Bounce On - they've been updating it every since of the beginning. Added 3 new worlds, need I say more?

6. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    same here, i bought it on day one and it has improved a lot

7. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Blue Skies by Egerter Software. Boat load of update goodness! If you've played the very first release, you'd know what I mean.

I will also agree with the above post for Fieldrunners and Vector Ball.

8. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #8 wikoogle, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
    Vector Ball is a good one too. I'll give a mention to Superball 3.

Super Ball 1 was a solid game, but 2 came out, updated everyone free and played like a much better and completely different game, then 3 came out, updated everyone for free again and played like a completely new and absolutely incredible game, the best breakout variant I've ever played by far. :eek:

9. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    CS.one. The update isn't out yet, but I've had the honor of playing the updated version and it is at least 100% better. I loved it before, but now it's a classic.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Fieldrunners and iDracula.

11. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    doesnt idrac only have 1 major update?

i'd say pocket god

12. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Bounce On- theyve quadrupled the content since original launch- final update coming soon!

13. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Baseball Superstars 2009. Everything about this game is different than the initial release. Doesn't even look or play the same as the original.

Pocket God too. Every other week is a brand new update which adds new features and functionality. I'm not a fan like everyone else, but I always anticipate their updates.

14. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Crazy Snowboard

Bobble Surfer

Both have had great increases in features, presentation, gameplay...

15. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    ? that update hasn't come out yet.

16. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    FieldRunners..

however it seems lyk they have abandoned the app for quite sometime now, also the devs r not seen on their forums.

17. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

No one mentioned........
    TOUCH SKI 3D. that added 3 modes (i think) and like 40 tracks i think.