Bloons TD4 or Mega Mall Story?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by WilliamEvans, Aug 14, 2011.

1. WilliamEvans

WilliamEvans Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I have played Bloons TD extensively online but it gets to the point where it lags so bad that I can't play anymore, so it would be refreshing to own it on my iPhone 4.

I've played the Lite version of Mega Mall story and I enjoyed it much more than Pocket Academy and Hot Springs Story, but many reviewers are saying that it's short and doesn't have much replay value.

Another thing to take into account: Bloons TD4 has only had 1 price drop since release and that was ages ago, so another is unlikely; However Kairosoft always tend to reduce their games to 69p after release for a short time, which is yet to happen with Mega Mall Story,

Bloons TD4: £1.99
    Mega Mall Story: £2.49

Which should I get?

2. WilliamEvans

WilliamEvans Member

Aug 12, 2010
  3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  4. js1210

js1210 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Bloons TD 4 has a lot more content then the flash game. A new mode(challenge mode, you have to win tracks under specific parameters, its cool) and new tracks and is a good port. It doesnt lag til around round 120 on my 4th gen touch. Idt it has recieved more than one short sale in its lifetime.

I have not played Mega Mall, but i have also heard that it is fun. However, Kairosoft is always, ALWAYS fluctuating their games prices. If u
    You can wait a couple weeks(you probably can) you could nab it for only a dollar or two :)

Hope that helps!

5. undergroundH

undergroundH Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Mega Mall..its very addicting and takes a while to reach a 5 star mall so it should last you a while

6. WilliamEvans

WilliamEvans Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Dude thanks so much! I wasn't aware of the new content in the iOS version and round 120 is twice the round I could get to on the flash version without extreme lag! I'm gonna go ahead and get Bloons TD 4 and then get Mega Mall when it goes down in price :)

7. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    Not exactly, it takes about 6 years of the 15 to hit 5 stars if you have ANY inkling what you're doing. On the other hand, figuring how to maximize final score is pretty deep.

So, as a builder, it's only moderately deeper than Tiny Tower, but as a score based game, it's got a lot of depth. I'm on my fourth play through now determined to see if I can beat 500K points.

Bloons TD4 is a pretty fun TD game, but nowhere near as involving as MMS.

8. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    I agree. Starts to lag around 120-140 on my iPhone 4 depending on the map etc. It is a superb TD game. I have never played Mega Mall though. Definately can recommend Bloons TD though.