Parcel Panic - Post Car Racer 3D from Mad Processor

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by madprocessor, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madprocessor

madprocessor Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    #1 madprocessor, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    Hey guys,

We just finished working on "Parcel Panic - Post Car Racer 3D"!
    The game will be available on the 26.th of December.

Screenshots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/madprocessorgames/ParcelPanic#

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57jl8JKuKhg

Hi-quality video:
    http://www.madprocessorgames.com/parcelpanic.mov

Get ready for the craziest racing game ever!

Race like you never raced before! Discover a whole island with winding slopes, steep terrain and awesome detail - all beautifully rendered in a high definition quality you will find nowhere else!

Your job is to deliver parcels on Tapiti island... but beware! You only have limited time to deliver all parcels!
    Race your delivery truck like a maniac over the island to unlock further routes and trucks!
    After some seconds you might even overlook all the tiny little details and cool sound effects because you will be so immersed in the game!

With specific optimizations for the iPhone 3GS, this game squeezes every bit of performance out of your device! Runs great on the iPhone / iPod touch, too!

FEATURES
    - Unique combination of racing and skill game
    - Highly detailed graphics
    - Open World: Drive where you want to! No restrictions!
    - Great physics engine
    - Four awesome trucks to choose from
    - Auto-detects your iPhone model to enable even higher detail on the iPhone 3GS
    - Adaptive controls: Hold the device the way you like, the controls just work.

About Mad Processor

Mad Processor is an independent worldwide operating game studio.
    The company's primary focus is high-value games for mobile devices, specifically for the Apple iPhone and iPod touch.

After finishing its debut titles "Parcel Panic - Post Car Racer 3D" and "Marbles Multiball 3D - The Castle Adventure" Mad Processor is currently developing a major game for iPhone and iPod touch which will utilize the full power of the M4D Game Engine.

Mad Processor - Games for iPhone and iPod Touch
    Follow us at Twitter

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #3 drelbs, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    EDIT: I can't beat ImNoSuperMan's amazing speed! ;)

Wow that looks like fun! :)

Like Crazy Taxi with boxes.

The world looks a little on the smallish side though.

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #4 ultimo, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    The Gfx are Cute!

EDIT:
    I apologize, was so engrossed in the game & the Vid.

Welcome to TA madprocessor!
    What are my Losses on this one?
    What are the control schemes? Please say Yes to touch steering :eek:

4. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Wow this looks tight

5. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    This looks really really good. I'll be picking it up for sure

6. tumbleninah

tumbleninah Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    dublin
    this looks like it could be a lot of fun :D

7. madprocessor

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    Hi and thanks for the warm welcome!

We were thinking about selling the game for $ 3.99 ... what's your opinion about that?

As for the controls: The game is accelerometer-only as we think it works really well with that (we spent a lot of time so the user can hold the device in his favorite way and still have intuitive controls).

However, if many people prefer touch-based steering, we might add that with an update... do most of you rather use touch for racing games?

8. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

This looks really great, I hope you do well with this.

As for my opinion on, I do not have one.

Just do not listen to those who feel all games should sell for a dollar, this looks to be much better than that.

David

9. madprocessor

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    #10 madprocessor, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Hi!

As for the map, there is one open world without restrictions (you could even jump on houses and the like) and it is quite large.
    What do you mean by beta spots? The map has been designed with many hidden spots, jumps and shortcuts which can be found by the player to further increase their hiscore - were you thinking of something like that?

10. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    moin moin. ;)

i'm pretty interested in the game because it actually does remind me of crazy taxi very much [which is a good thing]. the only thing is: i wonder how big the open world really is. the video almost only featured the same parts of the world which leads me to
    a) hopefully this is just a small part of the entire open world, or
    b) the open world is actually not that big...

other then that: will there be global leaderboards?

11. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    if the world in the video is that big, the $4 is too much for me personally. but the game is worth more than a dollar though ;)

with more levels maybe you could easily get away for $5, or in fact if the world is bigger than the video suggest then $4 would be fine.

12. madprocessor

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    Moin Moin carnivore,

you can judge the size of the world by looking at the map! Although it's not as large as World Of Warcaft, it's not that small on the other side :) - We found the size to be just right. We experimented with very large environments but got bored soon because of the long distances the player had to travel in order to deliver the parcels...

We do not have global leaderboards yet, but we like them too and consider adding them as an update.

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    How about a lite version?
    I do not know about the others, but iWant touch controls, its an iPod touch, not a tilt :eek:
    try the A5:Free The Touch controls are Spot-on!

Only after trying the lite & knowing how many maps we will get in later updates for the complete $3.99, I can tell, you could also add a few DLC updates for a Map pack I guess, ofcourse unlike SOG :p

14. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    oh right, didn't get the idea to do that. *haha* i completely understand your point about the long distances, but judging from the map it still seems relatively small to me. ah screw it, i just take the plunge and say i'll get this no matter what. i loved crazy taxi so i cannot really go wrong here, i guess. so yah, you got your first customer. ;)

just one more question. do the different trucks vary in speed/handling/etc. or are those just different skins?

15. madprocessor

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    Yeah, in the end you just have to take a look and see for yourself :)

Of course the different trucks vary in their attributes: since we use real car physics, they vary in engine power, suspension, stiffness etc... the point is that by unlocking faster trucks, you have the possibility to deliver far more parcels. Of course there is the chance that the boxes fall off the truck if you drive to fast with the later trucks... :)

16. madprocessor

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    #17 madprocessor, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    Hi ultimo,
    we just submitted a lite version. It should be due some time around January 8th (That's what we hope :) ) And there is certainly a point in the iPod tilt not being one... :)

17. Nascor

Nascor Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Nice to see some German dev's here :D

The graphic looks amazing, how big is the envoriment(as big as Gangstar, as big as.....)?

18. madprocessor

Dec 16, 2009
    Game development studio
    Germany
    Hi Nascor!

Yeah, Germany is a bit underdeveloped when it comes down to the games industry (sadly, the film biz, too) - concerning the game environment we are hopefully not a case of underdevelopment - this is in fact the question we have been asked most frequently about.
    If you drove around the island, this would be roughly about 1 and a half kilometers. Please consider that every square meter of that is individually textured and has quite an amount of detail. This is about the maximum the device can handle - if we had a larger world, the detail would have to suffer - and we believe in high definition content. And as we explained before the gameplay does not improve with the island's scale (at least we think so). Gangstar is certainly bigger, but in that game the detail is much lower and the gameplay demands for larger scenarios.

19. Chronical

Chronical Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    St. Gallen, Switzerland
    Looks great but I'd like a racing car which is faster.