iPad Air - (by Apple)

11-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
I seem to have a problem with my iPad air.

The rotate screen barely works, yes the rotate lock is off, but I have to turn and flip the pad for around 2 mins before it actually rotates even once!!

Not talking about games either but this just the iPad main screen. Rotate simply does not want to work at all whereas my iPad2 rotates within 2-3 tenths of a second of you rotating the pad.

Can anyone else with an iPad air confirm this problem?? Not sure if it's an air problem or I need to return it to the shop
I would return it, something's very wrong.

First, though, have you tried to reboot your iPad?
That sometimes resolve issues.

First time I used my air after the initial setup there was some strange loud noises from the speakers.

A reboot resolved it, and I've had zero problems since.
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytebrain View Post
If your iPad Air takes 5 seconds there's something going on. Mine turns within a second.
Turns out I had 4 apps , safari and Mail open at the time. Closed them and yes it took a second.

11-07-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Turns out I had 4 apps , safari and Mail open at the time. Closed them and yes it took a second.
Good for you. 😀
11-10-2013, 10:24 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2492189/iPad-Air-EXPLODES-leading-mobile-phone-shop-evacuation.html interesting.
11-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2492189/iPad-Air-EXPLODES-leading-mobile-phone-shop-evacuation.html interesting.
1: it wasn't an iPad air
2: I wouldn't believe the Daily Heil even if they said the grass was green and the sky was blue.

Last iOS game I bought: 6/1/15
11-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
1: it wasn't an iPad air
This is correct. To be precise, the device in question was a 4th-gen iPad.

As noted by Macworld:

Quote:
An earlier version of this report suggested that the iPad was a new iPad retina, Vodafone have confirmed that it was a iPad with Retina display (version 4).

Can't hug every cat.
11-10-2013, 03:58 PM
I just say we call it a tablet, so the same arguement in the other thread can just cease.
11-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I just say we call it a tablet, so the same arguement in the other thread can just cease.
Well, we know the device in question was a 4th-gen iPad, so that discussion has already been put to bed.

Can't hug every cat.