Kittys Adventure - gorgeous 3D Jump'n'Think from Fancy Factory

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by AxelF, Jul 19, 2009.

1. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

#1 AxelF, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Last update: 04.09.2009

Hi all,

never heard of Fancy Factory or Kittys Adventure? Ok, lets change this. ;)

Fancy Factory - thats basically me: a iPhone fanatic and hardcore game developer. And Kittys Adventure is the game I'm working on for several month now.

Maybe its a little bit early to promote my upcoming game, but level 1 (from 7) is nearly finished and I want to share the results with you. And - of course - I'm looking for feedback, so feel free to post (or PM me) what you think about.

First of all - if you expecting another zombie game or a new car racer: please leve this thread now! ;) Kittys Adventure is, so I hope, a unique gameplay experience without any blood, stress or running timers.

Do you own cats? Have you ever asked yourself what is your kitty doing when wandering through neighbors garden and beyond? I own 4 of this little furred monsters and Kittys Adventure is my very own imagination of their outdoor adventures.

Think of Kittys Adventure as a mixture of (big names follow)...Tombraider and Gobliiins...mixed with physic and logical puzzles. The game is a full blown 3D adventure. Guide your kitty (you can choose between 3 differnt cats) through an epic voyage full of adventure.
    Very professional, gorgeous 3d environments with a memorable cartoon style are Kittys playground. Different landscapes like green gardens, (see screenshots), forests, mountains, snow and even a dungeon will bring very unique visuals to your iPhone / iPod.
    The intent of every level is to find Kittys little red ball. To do so Kitty will have to solve a lot of puzzles while makeing its way through each level, beginning by simple "push crate from A to B" riddles to combined physic puzzles. Did I mentioned Kittys Adventure makes use of PhysX? No? ;) Thats a very major part of the gameplay.

You can move your kitty by simple finger slides anywhere on the display, its very, very easy to handle. Double tap makes Kitty jump and with the help of the icons you can see in the screenshots below you can freely rotate or zoom the playfield. So very precise moving, jumping and puzzeling is possible.

Ok, thats its. As written before level 1 is nearly finished. I plan to bring a light version with two full levels and a full version with another 5 levels - so at all 7 levels with very differnt environments and puzzles.

Do you want to betatest the game? Please send me a private message with some information about you and your experience in iPhone gaming - I will inform selected testers when the time has come for some testing.
    I hope to have the game ready some times in the next 3 months - lets hope me and my graphic artist can hold this timeline.

=[ Gameplay video from 27.07.2009 ]=

=[ Screenshots of the current development state ]=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Looks really nice. :) I'm actually quite impressed with this. Can't wait for the release. :p

3. Pocket-Gaming

Pocket-Gaming Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Journalist
    Moscow
    #3 Pocket-Gaming, Jul 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
    Do you have beta- of alpha-version? I could write prereview (in Russian, all russian gamers will be able to read it and they will want to buy your game, but not everybody speaks English, so a lot of Russian-speaking gamers may not know about Kittys Adventure).

4. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    Great job, we need more of these! Doing this on your own? Qudos! You've got a sale! Just about all devs underestimate the time they'll need to finish their app, have you thought about the hundreds of comments and suggestions for extra features you're going to receive by posting on TA?? :D

Good luck!

5. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

#5 AxelF, Jul 19, 2009
    The graphic artwork is done by a very, very talented artist I'm working with. He is responsible for the graphics of Assasins Creed and Terminator Salvation - and I'm really excited what he has done for Kittys Adventure so far. So the graphics-Qudos for this should go to him.
    All the "other stuff" is done by myself. A lot of work but a lot of fun too.

Its my first game for the iPhone, so maybe I'm underestimating the work left - but if I will say "...game will be released in 2011.." no one will read this thread anymore. ;)
    Honestly...with some luck the 3 month is a realistic estimation as far I can say it from the current development workflow. But if it will be 6 month in the end...sorry... :)

6. Pocket-Gaming

Pocket-Gaming Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Journalist
    Moscow
    Comment from Pocket-Gaming.ru:
    "Well, looks nice."
    I agree with user, who wrote it. Looks realy nice, I can't stand running timers but like cats. However, I have no cats, only my old rabbit. What about Rabbitys Adventure? ;)

7. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

Thanks for posting the game on your site.
    Mmhh, rabbits? Have you ever seen a rabbit climbing on trees? ;)

8. Pocket-Gaming

Pocket-Gaming Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Journalist
    Moscow
    #8 Pocket-Gaming, Jul 19, 2009
    Not, but I seen a rabbit playing TV-controller as drumms. It was hillarious.

One more comment:

"Ugly cats, but idea is f**king great". Brown russian gamers :D

So what about little preview on my site? Or may be interview? It would be incredible cool! You can contact with me via e-mail [email protected]

P.S. When I see your nickname I always remember second admin of Pocket-Gaming, his nick is AleriF, and he did P-G's design. AleriF is realy talented, isn't he? xD

9. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

Ugly cats? Mmhh, maybe a zombie cat would fit better into the game (for him)? ;)
    I will send test versions to selected sites for reviews, but first I want to finish the lite version (so the first two levels). I will send you a message when the time has come.

10. Pocket-Gaming

Pocket-Gaming Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Journalist
    Moscow
    Ok, thank you. When this user said "Ugly" he wanted to say that models are not nice. I'm sure that he would love zombie bear or just living bear, look at his avatar:

[​IMG]

I'm waiting the lite version with impatience, but tomorrow I will fly away for 3 weeks, will be lite version ready when I come back? And what about interview? My site is young and it needs exclusive, I'm sure that users have a lot of questions for developers and interview is a great way to satisfy them.

11. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

I'm expecting the lite version to be finished in about a month (but I will release it together with the full game).
    I'm fine with the interview - simply write down your questions and sent it to me as a private message. I will answer them when I have a little time and mail it back to you.

12. Pocket-Gaming

Pocket-Gaming Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Journalist
    Moscow
    I will ask users for their questions, then add my and write you today or tomorrow. Thanks.
    P.S. Guy, who doesn't like your cats said, answering your assumption about zombi-cats:

"I think there are already cats-zombies in KA. On third screenshot."

13. monteboyd

monteboyd Well-Known Member

Looks really nice and definitely a good change of pace! Do you have a Twitter account for dev updates?

14. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

No, sorry - I dont use Twitter. I will post updates here and on the official website.

15. Pocket-Gaming

Pocket-Gaming Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Journalist
    Moscow
    So cute site! I think children and their mothers and sisters will love Kittys Adventure! But not only they, me too :)

16. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    #16 CaseyLay, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    It looks like another great 3D platformer coming to the iPod Touch. My only problem with this as that the cats scare me a little.

It looks very child friendly. That being said, it's nice that someone finally adds more featured kids games to the appstore. For kids.

17. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

Really? Mmhh, maybe because the screenshot of the kitty selction screen was made with the low-polygon models used ingame. I will make a new one with higher polycount models and - of course - a gameplay video. The animations are really cute. These cats should scare nobody! ;)
    Expect it (the video) to be ready in the next couple of days.

Yes, its definitiely children friendly - but its no "kids only" game. You definitely have to think to solve a level, so your kids need to be clever. :)

18. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    #18 'Jeep, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
    The big cat on the splash screen is the one that looks a bit zombie-esque/scary/Thriller homage! The 3D models look cute, although the eyelids look a bit overdone/bulging, and are of course a bit odd since cats don't have eyelids, but many cartoon cats do have'm!

19. AxelF

AxelF Active Member

Oh - ok, so it is the kitty on the Splashscreen? My wife loves it, so it will be hard to change that. ;) I will ask my 2D artist for a new cat.
    The 3D cats are indeed pure cartoon cats - the entire game will be very cartoonish, so please dont expect realistic environments or "actors".

20. 'Jeep

'Jeep Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    U.K.
    I think it's the eyes of the 2D cat that do it: pure Thriller terror! lol Maybe a little smaller eyes and more of a smile/ facial expression?

3D cartoonish is great, certainly don't make it real, The big head and paws are great, look forward to see the animation!!