Pocket Legends: Giving it all away!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Spacetime Studios, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Spacetime Studios

Spacetime Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
  2. rgunaratnar1

rgunaratnar1 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    I just got the game... and it is really good but how do i actually download this extra free content

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Instead of Paying for the new Content you now can enter it without doing so...

4. hbernritter

hbernritter Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Inventory/Marketing Manager
    Toledo, OH
    soooo you have to play all the way through the game in 2 weeks? is that even possible?

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    People have incentives for making things free..of course, you're not going to finish the whole game in 2 weeks. You're supposed to buy the expansion packs you haven't gotten to yet at the end of the promotion. Why should they give you everything for free and not get a cent out of you?

6. arnoldc

arnoldc Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    While it is true, it is still kind of misleading. New casual users probably won't even hit any of the expansion packs with the given time frame. Should state clearly like 'free access for X number of day's...etc This promo is more for existing players I would say.

7. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    maybe that's what they want? veterans get back on this game and get more IAP.... new players get sucked in cause they wanna get the free stuff

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Well actually, the usual level cap for free players is 13. This can easily be reached within the allotted 2 weeks time span. New players will at least be able to experience some of the features they usually wouldn't see, although yes, it might be only a small portion of the expansions.

9. DJMoya

DJMoya Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Arcade Attendant
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    awesome im going to have to get back into playing this game

10. Romeo Longsword

Romeo Longsword Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hong Kong, London, Osaka
    Well, what would not be misleading would be somthing along the line of: "we want you to enjoy and get involved with the game in a stage where even when the free promotion has ran out, you would still want to pay real money to continue your progress in the game".

For the benifit of advertising value, I think they should stick with saying, "ALL FREE". it's a bussiness at the end of the day. They are not being completely wrong by saying all free.

11. rgunaratnar1

rgunaratnar1 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    So, there is no way of actually downloading these free parts of the game... and you actually have to reach all those levels in 2 weeks

12. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I appreciate the generousity and it makes me want to sample the game; but isn't this dangling a carrot in front of the house by teasing that something is free although you'll likely never get to access it in detail during the promotion time. The cake is free but only if you can gourge yourself on it.

13. PeregrineFalcon

Dec 16, 2010
    Fixed that for you. :D

14. Totenmaske

Totenmaske Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    3PL Terminal Manager
    Sahuarita, AZ
    #14 Totenmaske, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    Connection Trouble

Guess it was just a server issue...been playing on and off for a few days. Still puzzling out a few things but otherwise I find the game casually enjoyable.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Looks like the promo is here to stay for those of you who were complaining. No doubt, it's because of the release of the very successful O&C by Gameloft.