Universal FolloWings: Another bird game?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by vuifah, Oct 7, 2014.

1. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

#1 vuifah, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Hello guys.
    Do you want another bird game?

My upcoming game “FolloWings” is now waiting for review.
    Here’s some of the screenshots and gameplay demo video. Hope you guys will like it.

Thanks.
    -vuifah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How to play?
    • Just swipe anywhere on the screen to change the flying direction. (top left, top right, bottom left & bottom right)
    • Tap on screen to pause & unpause game

2. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

More screenshots…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

#3 vuifah, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    FolloWings (Universal) is approved by Apple

FolloWings (Universal) is approved by Apple.

The release Date will be on the 23 October 2014. (next Thursday)

Heres some promo codes for you guys who like to try it now:
    YWR7ENAHLW4W (taken)
    6XEET9E94N7H (taken)
    XT33LAPE9EHF
    T4HHWHFMYPNY
    HPH3XRE6TTH7 (taken)
    ++++++++++
    NLNRFXEFNAWJ
    XLJXXT343XFR (taken)
    RWA7YJPHNWAK
    Y9YXTNFFX7FM

Hope you guys will like it. Your review and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

4. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you!!!!
    HPH3XRE6TTH7

5. Devster3

Devster3 Active Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I like the style, And you can never go wrong with a bird game.

If my phone had more download space, I would love to try it and use a promo code. Just need to clear space now

6. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Looks interesting! Took 6XEET9E94N7H, thanks!

Pedroapan

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ooh this looks interesting, I've redeemed YWR7ENAHLW4W and will be back ASAP with feedback. Thank you for the code.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Graphics look okay but saying 'another bird game' in the title i think will put a lot of people off. Its like its Feb 2014 all over again !

9. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

Hahaha... can't think of a good tittle at that moment, but can't find a way to edit the title anymore.

10. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

Added 4 more promo codes

Added 4 more promo codes.

Thank you, guys.

Hahaha. Save more space for iOS 8.1 also.

11. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I've had a chance to play,

I'm getting an error saying the app isn't recognised by gamecentre, for the most part the controls work but occasionally my bird didn't move when I'd directed it to I like how you can pause the game by tapping, and I love the minimal style, I think it would be good to have an option to restart without having to go back into the game main menu, I like to dive straight back in and with the game centre error happening every time I return to the menu it feels like it takes to restart.

(I'm assuming the gamecentre thing is because it's not live yet but thought would mention it just in case it's a bug)

Thank you for giving me the chance to try your game and I'll return once I've played a little more.

:)

12. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #12 paulkane, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    XLJXXT343XFR redeemed. Thanks!

Edit: The difficulty level seems too high at the start. I tried going in several directions and could not make it to any of the baby birds. I kept running into walls and then I gave up. Maybe readjust the difficulty? Also, as Cloudy noted, there was a pop up window error with Game Center.

13. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    I really love the art style. Minimalistic piece of design that would fit perfectly in a graphic design magazine! But the sound effects really killed it for me. :(
    Maybe too agressive and metallic. I would really expect something relaxing and poetic!

14. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

Thank you guys.

Good advice. Will put in a restart button on the game over scene in next update.

Ya, pop up window error, hopefully (like cloud puff what said) is because of the game is not live yet. (till 23th Oct)
    btw, you mean you can’t find the baby birds? Every time a game start, it will randomly place 5 baby birds somewhere in the game area. The size of the game area is 9x of the screen.

Which sound effects that killing you? :)
    Please do let me know & see how to improve on it. Is it the flipping sound?

i like what you said “something relaxing and poetic”. Maybe some forest sound effect at the back will make it better?

15. pated

pated Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Game maker
    Paris
    Hey there,

To me the sound of the bird flying/dying and the 8bit interface bips kill the great mood set by the graphics.
    When I see your game I imagine a delicate and sporadic piano, soft/muffled SFX, with maybe just a little noise made by the wind from time to time and why not some crow sounds here and there.

My main point is that the visuals are reaaaaaly relaxing, but the current SFX are the opposite. :(

16. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    No, I see the birds...I just kept running into walls and couldn't get to them.

17. vuifah

vuifah Active Member

When you get close enough (some distance) to the baby bird, it will tweets. Then just turn away(don’t hit the tree) the baby bird will appear at the back of the line.